Please review my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Hello guys, my site is up @ *www.itech7.com

I want you guys to review it and suggest changes. :)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
The theme kind of sucks. don't expect it to become as famous as Engadget.
Its a turn off for me.

CMS is either not good or not setup nicely for Success, if just for timepass/hobby then its a great site only.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
You need to optimize your website! It's too slow to load. After waiting for around one minute, I had to close the tab just becoz it refuses to load. I am on dial-up internet but still it should have opened in that time!

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Hello guys, my site is up @ *www.itech7.com

I want you guys to review it and suggest changes. :)

You are using Drupal and using the Litejazz theme from Roopletheme website. U can just start using Wordpress right now, it is easier from the others. But I also want to say Drupal is much more powerful CMS if used correctly. U can have some great modiications and make u site better if u know some CSS and PHP. :)

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
its too slow and the about us at the extreme left ?

Where should I place about us ?

The theme kind of sucks. don't expect it to become as famous as Engadget.
Its a turn off for me.

CMS is either not good or not setup nicely for Success, if just for timepass/hobby then its a great site only.

what is bad in that theme ?

You need to optimize your website! It's too slow to load. After waiting for around one minute, I had to close the tab just becoz it refuses to load. I am on dial-up internet but still it should have opened in that time!

well, you won't believe, two days ago, I had 205 visitors browsing my website!! :shock:
please check again. I have increased the no. of workers that lighttpd runs.

You are using Drupal and using the Litejazz theme from Roopletheme website. U can just start using Wordpress right now, it is easier from the others. But I also want to say Drupal is much more powerful CMS if used correctly. U can have some great modiications and make u site better if u know some CSS and PHP. :)

I know PHP nicely but not much of CSS :(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
about looks good at extreme right

and the view topography is in shape of "L" for many users

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
You should asked for this review later. Right now there isn't much content except for that template design and a few posts.

"Review" should just be a "reason" to get publicity for your site ;) . People should have enough things to review and "get hooked to " on your site. I hope you get what I mean.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Where is ronak agarwal's site? You cant miss the about us page mate!!!

And seriously, it takes 1 minute to even LOCATE the server on a 2mbps broadband. I would change my service provider.

You have too many on "Bookmark/Search this post with:" after each post. You know when those are too many, when they are more prominent than the posts themselves.

Your Math Question FAILS. I could cast a vote while leaving the math question box empty. I just voted for toshiba.

The site's gradient background FAILS in firefox. Works with both Opera and IE.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
You should asked for this review later. Right now there isn't much content except for that template design and a few posts.

"Review" should just be a "reason" to get publicity for your site ;) . People should have enough things to review and "get hooked to " on your site. I hope you get what I mean.
it has some 22-23 articles daily increasing :)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^hmmm...
Ok one more thing:
Ur websites URL is Itech7 but there is no "7" anywhere in your logo or tag line
:?:

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Where is ronak agarwal's site? You cant miss the about us page mate!!!

And seriously, it takes 1 minute to even LOCATE the server on a 2mbps broadband. I would change my service provider.

You have too many on "Bookmark/Search this post with:" after each post. You know when those are too many, when they are more prominent than the posts themselves.

Your Math Question FAILS. I could cast a vote while leaving the math question box empty. I just voted for toshiba.

The site's gradient background FAILS in firefox. Works with both Opera and IE.
Argh.. He changed his username which lead to change of URL

Try to post a comment without entering the number in the Math Question

^hmmm...
Ok one more thing:
Ur websites URL is Itech7 but there is no "7" anywhere in your logo or tag line
:?:

actually the site's URL was to be itech.com but it wasn't available so I purchased this one.

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^but still you HAVE to put it in your logo or tagline. Your url is like your personal branding vehicle. So if you take it lightly, chances are that people too will take that lightly.

Remember, consistency is a major part in making an "impression" over the visitor.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Right. Its not like an email ID, where if you dont get abc@gmail.com you can get abc72113@gmail.com and be happy with it. Your site's name is an important part of your identity on the web.

Try to post a comment without entering the number in the Math Question

What is the point? One could easily spam votes. Dont try to defend it. A weakness is a weakness.

No offence to you, but I really want to ask this - are you by any chance leeching anything from the digit forums? It seems too much a coincidence that ra_sriniketan asked a question about how to find out who accessed his computer last, or something like that, and its the main article in your site which was added today.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey man your site is not setup really well.
i mean its not setup to attain huge success.

as a blog and normal site then its fine. its good.

you reach 1000 readers a ready. its a great thing for your current site.

since its drupal you can tweak it really. get good contents and compete with the biggies .... that's my whole idea. MAKE IT BIG>
but with current setup and theme etc just forget it dude. its just another millions of blog/site on the internet.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
^^ Right. Its not like an email ID, where if you dont get abc@gmail.com you can get abc72113@gmail.com and be happy with it. Your site's name is an important part of your identity on the web.

What is the point? One could easily spam votes. Dont try to defend it. A weakness is a weakness.

No offence to you, but I really want to ask this - are you by any chance leeching anything from the digit forums? It seems too much a coincidence that ra_sriniketan asked a question about how to find out who accessed his computer last, or something like that, and its the main article in your site which was added today.
I am not the poster of that article. Its my friend's friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom