arian29

In the zone
Please recommend a good UPS

Sys info.
PSU Corsair VX450
AMD 8530(8core) CPU
Sapphire HD 7750 1gb OC graphics card.
2 cabinet fans

Currently i have a Microtek 800va dual battery UPS which is super crappy.. Need to change it asap.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
APC 600VA should be enough or you can go for a 650VA model around ~3.2k which has software control and monitoring features.

APC 600VA should be enough or you can go for a 650VA model around ~3.2k which has software control and monitoring features.
Last time I contacted APC, they said that the only UPS with software monitoring is 1.1 KVA and above. The two products listed on their website (both are ~600 VA) are discontinued. APC 600 VA is available for 2200 and provides my pc a baukup of ~40 mins. (see the rig in signature). If 800 VA is available, get it, else, 600 VA is fine.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm talking about APC BACK-UPS ES 650VA 230V INDIA BE650Y-IN
*www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE650Y-IN&total_watts=200

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yes that 650VA model is no more available with dealers anymore its either the 600VA or 1.1KVa.

@OP get the APC 600VA which will give you 350watts output which is enough for 5 minutes back up to shutdown safely,provided you have nothing overclocked and doing not doing 100% load.Safer would be an 800Va in that case.

Yes that 650VA model is no more available with dealers anymore its either the 600VA or 1.1KVa.

@OP get the APC 600VA which will give you 350watts output which is enough for 5 minutes back up to shutdown safely,provided you have nothing overclocked and doing not doing 100% load.Safer would be an 800Va in that case.
15 min. backup eye closed.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
^you got any citations for that??

please share, it will be appreciated :)

^you got any citations for that??

please share, it will be appreciated :)

I have made so much research :)
initially i thought to buy br-1000-in @5k
but they said it is discontinued (made a call)
so they said they released a new version br-1000G-in @ 7. k where i can get inverter
so i thought of be-600y-in but it was discontinued and they said it was a failure model and the br-100-in was also a failure one
so i ended up buying a br-600ci-in and a old inverter....

see i remember all model numbers!!!!
i made several calls and several chats

and now the APC 600 VA was replaced battery 2 times in the 1st month itself!

THEY REFUSED TO REPLACE THE UNIT EVEN AS I SAID THE PROBLEM WITHIN ONE MONTH FROM BUYING
SEE THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE OR IMPORT/SOMETHING BEFORE U BUY.
IF IT IS MORE THAN 2 MONTHS THEY U MIGHT FACE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME!

can i connect my monitor to UPS without any problems while playing a game? if so how much backup do you think i will get? currently i am using without connecting it and using the APC 600VA...
The backup time I mentioned is WITH the monitor. See, with my rig (sig.), I can easily run it on UPS for 30+ min.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have made so much research :)
initially i thought to buy br-1000-in @5k
but they said it is discontinued (made a call)
so they said they released a new version br-1000G-in @ 7. k where i can get inverter
so i thought of be-600y-in but it was discontinued and they said it was a failure model and the br-100-in was also a failure one
so i ended up buying a br-600ci-in and a old inverter....

see i remember all model numbers!!!!
i made several calls and several chats

and now the APC 600 VA was replaced battery 2 times in the 1st month itself!

THEY REFUSED TO REPLACE THE UNIT EVEN AS I SAID THE PROBLEM WITHIN ONE MONTH FROM BUYING
SEE THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE OR IMPORT/SOMETHING BEFORE U BUY.
IF IT IS MORE THAN 2 MONTHS THEY U MIGHT FACE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME!

so now we can't even trust APC !

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Then what other good brand options do we have now?

Oops! Nothing
Of course now my APC ups is giving backup but now it is thinking there Is voltage fluctuation even when in my place there is no fluctuation...
Tech support told to lower ups sensitivity. But why when my voltage Is ok?
Edit: I don't know about vguard after sales service still... Maybe you can help?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yes the new 600Va back ups from APC had problems with a certain batch of batteries,but now thats been resolved.I came to know upon a conversation with a sales guy from a reputed PC store in Kolkata.

Top Bottom