WD 320GB 7200RPM
Crossair 650W

I am thinking of upgrading to

AMD FX-8150 Black Edition, 3.60Ghz, 8MB Cache
Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX
Western Digital 2000GB (2TB)
Corsair 16GB (4*4GB)
Pioneer Blu-Ray Combo Drive

Do you think this configuration will be a better choice. Will it be able to play games on maximum resolution and what should I add to this conguration. ??? I want to if I can upgrade to AMD X8 or i core 7 for better performance and which one will be better motherboard....

koolent

Youngling
This will be a much better configuration obviously but I will recommend spending on Blu Ray + Hard Drive + GPU rather than a new i7 as basically a GPU is all you need for better gaming. Get a HD 7850 or if you have no limit, speend on a HD 7970.

a-n00b

Right off the assembly line
You could upgrade your motherboard, go for one with SLI support and buy another 560 Ti. You will be able to run almost every game at 1080p with high settings without a problem.

acewin

Point Blanc
it will never be. The proccy you have got is a gem.
mobo chipset was clearly bad choice, so yes change mobo, buy 8GB x 2 = 16GB RAM or 4x4GB as you wish

choice list
*www.flipkart.com/motherboards/comp...4B3ZDGNPMER,MBDD5RRRYZQGUFWY,MBDD9UR4KBGC5FGZ

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Upgrading to 16GB ram may limit the Oc capability and 16GB ram won't give a single fps boost - 6GB ram is enough though Op may upgrade to 8GB if needs.

Getting a good cpu cooler and mobo is must have to OC the cpu - so get ASUS M5A97 @ 6.9k and Cm Hyper 212 Evo @ 2.2k and spend the rest of the money t get a GTX 670 DCII - you have a good budget for system upgrade ( around ~43k ) and you want lag free gaming - so why not get the best possible gpu.

acewin

Point Blanc
i c, he has mentioned only games. so yes above 8 GB RAM will not help
and I could not determine max RAM 955 supports, I think it is limited to 16 GB

Jitendra Singh

Broken In
Your configuration is pretty nice, I heard a lot about AMD X8 but personally never used but yes Intel i7 is undoubtedly way to go for high resolution gaming with high refresh rate.

OP
R

Redheat2010

Well thanks I am planning to purchase Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX with 8GBof memory and one more 560Ti graphics card...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well thanks I am planning to purchase Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX with 8GBof memory and one more 560Ti graphics card...

you better get a new PSu then if you want to OC the cpu as well and even without OCing the cpu 2x GTX 560 Ti along with 955BE will push the PSU close to it's limits.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
you better get a new PSu then if you want to OC the cpu as well and even without OCing the cpu 2x GTX 560 Ti along with 955BE will push the PSU close to it's limits.

OP is using TX650. You think that is not enough? ;)
And @OP: think about changing cabinet to avoid problems of overheating.

OP
R

Redheat2010

I changed my mind after reading lot of forums
The next upgrade would be
Processor : icore5 3570K
Motherboard: As Rock Z77 Extreme4
16GB DDR3 2133MHZ
Western Digital 2 TB Hard drive
Card and power supply will be the same
What do you think about dis configuration??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
perform better than the previous config but 8GB ram is enough for a gaming rig ...

Top Bottom