Status
Not open for further replies.

sanju_nlp81

Broken In
Recently one of my clients PC has got struck in a strange problem. After booting up first time, refreshing it hangs every thing. And then the reset switch has to be pressed and its all right. Cant figure out the prob as there are no error messages. event log is also alright. Please help as I don't want to reinstall. Have tried to repair but its all the same.:?::?:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Check the RAM's. Try the HDD in some other machine to see whether the OS works fine there?? Also try detaching all the cables and re-installing them.

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
^ plugging the drive to another machine to test it won't work, the device drives wont be the same I believe and im not sure about it working exactly on an identical machine. It will not boot up most likely.

This is a strange case indeed O_O and by first start you mean when the pc booted for the first time after its switched on ? and it works okay after the next restart ? what if you shut down the next time and then start it again ? is there a problem then ?

Like the above poster said, check for RAM and connecting cables (i doubt the cables are bad since it does work the next time)

Run a scandisk and also the defragmenting tools...

OP
S

sanju_nlp81

Broken In
Have checked the RAM and also the attached cables and every thing is fine. Bhai mera to dimag ka batti jal gaya hai. If I install vista or windows 7 then its fine. But XP says you cant worrk on me after boot. After restarting it works fine but task mngr, registry editor, gpedit etc. wont work and also cant shut down the system.:?::?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom