Please Help With Buying Video Editing RIG/ Gaming RIG (Delhi)

Vimalp91

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

Please Help With Buying Video Editing RIG/Gaming RIG (Delhi)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: 1st Priority to compressing videos as I have 4+TB videos in Serials/Movies, so want to compress them to be viewable later.
2nd Priority to Games like "BioShock; Saint Row; Mass Effect; Half Life; GTA; Prince of Persia" & all latest version of them

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: <40,000Rs, can extend but then might have to buy few parts later.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:I haven't till today so probabbly not, I would appricate if you can advise if this would help with compression & if affects warrenty or not.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 after i buy touch-screen later then windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I Need SSD for startup only; got 1.3 TB internal & 4TB external already so need only processing power on main drive, preferably 120-240 GB should do?

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, for start any 18-21inch with good warrenty would do, later i am gonna buy a touch-screen

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Only HDD i am planning to reuse as secondary nothing else.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By Jan End

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: i have assembled but prefer to get it done & tested in market already

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi (East)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am not biased with Intel/AMD so please advise which i should use & why.

Thanks in Advance, Please advise

Vimal

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
fx 6300 -7.3k
gigabyte a970a ds3 -5.3k
kinston hyperx blue 4 gb -2.6k / 8gb -5.2k
amd 7790 -10k
asus odd -1k
antec vp450p -2.6k
antec nsk4440-1.4k
dell s2240l -8.8k
logitech mk200 -0.7k speakers-0.5k

add an ssd later.

add an ssd later.

@OP; why do you want a touch screen?

Try to increase the budget by 1k and replace Antec VP450P with Seasonic S12II 430 W (more reliable than Antec).

OP
V

Vimalp91

Thanks Rijinpk1 & all others who suggested.

Initial RIG looks good
"fx 6300 -7.3k
gigabyte a970a ds3 -5.3k" Please suggest alternative for this board in case not available & anyother better board which is upgradable.

Advise should i overclock this one or not?

Out of curiosity since as per suggestion this is an AMD RIG, AMD 7790 would do or should i go for GTX 650 TI? as stated earlier major usage would be compressing 1.5GB videos to 500-350mb videos sometimes in AVI or sometimes in Realmedia videos. Thus i need setup which does not take a day for doing that.

Also if go for Intel what pair i should use I3 3220 or what?

Also about PSU "antec vp450p -2.6k" shouldn't i go higher to 550 & better company since 70% of times problem starts with PSU & though light-outs are less frequent here but still happen monthly & i don't own SMPS so need a good reliable one.

RAM i think i will go for 8GB

Please advise good SSD drive in 120/128GB & 240GB?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you compress 1.5gb videos to 350-500mb rm/avi videos they will look like sh1t on a good HD monitor unless these 1.5gb videos are less than 1 hour in duration & you know a lot about encoding using various parameters & use h264 in mp4 not xvid/divx used by avi.instead of spending money on compressing videos i suggest buying another hdd but if you are willing to compromise on quality then it is your choice.

Initial RIG looks good
"fx 6300 -7.3k
gigabyte a970a ds3 -5.3k" Please suggest alternative for this board in case not available & anyother better board which is upgradable.

Out of curiosity since as per suggestion this is an AMD RIG, AMD 7790 would do or should i go for GTX 650 TI? as stated earlier major usage would be compressing 1.5GB videos to 500-350mb videos sometimes in AVI or sometimes in Realmedia videos. Thus i need setup which does not take a day for doing that.

Also about PSU "antec vp450p -2.6k" shouldn't i go higher to 550 & better company since 70% of times problem starts with PSU & though light-outs are less frequent here but still happen monthly & i don't own SMPS so need a good reliable one.

> You can overclock the rig but don't go to far with that motherboard.

> For video conversion, an Nvidia card will be better due to CUDA acceleration. Get 650ti or 650ti boost.

> At intel side, you should go with i5 4xxxx and a B85 motherboard. This combo will cost 15-16 k.

> Antec VP450P is good.

> For SSD, get Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB available ~7k.

Last edited:

sameerdatta

Broken In

"fx 6300 -7.3k

I suggest the asus m5a97 evo r2.0 8k apx and Kingston SV300S37A 120GB SDD 6K

Also stick with the GeForce 650 Ti Boost (2 GB) i think it is one of the best mid range cards out there plus it has excellent cooling

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Initial RIG looks good
"fx 6300 -7.3k

you can consider asus m5 a97 evo or non-evo ,but may have to spend more. you can overclock with that gigabyte mobo, but again only small overclock are suggested. for nvidia 650 ti boost at 12.5k is the way to go. but again, you have to spend more. for compressing videos, fx 6300 will perform better than i3 3220.
for ssd , you should go with samsung 840 pro 128 gb at 8k or 840 pro 256gb at 14k. for now, antec vp450p will suffice. if you want to go further 650 ti, look for seasonic s12 ii 520. it is a very good psu for the price.

> At intel side, you should go with i5 4xxxx and a B85 motherboard. This combo will cost 15-16 k.

atleast 18.5K :p

OP
V

Vimalp91

Thanks Everyone, You have given me quite a things to think about.
I have checked few othersites & come to conclusion that 650i Boost is better for conversion.
So it leads to me the choice of i5 4xxx or i3 3220, i am looking more into it, i think this change would lead me to buy my SSD either on credit or on a later date, but i can manage it for my passion.

Thank You all one's again, if you can once give me again price quote with respect to Intel Rig & what brand should i purchase, i would be delighted & really appriciate it,

Intel Processor :
Motherboard :
Ram 8GB :
(i think warrenty matters so will go for Croshair etc)
GPU :
(650i Boost, Please advise brand in Delhi)
Cooler for Processor :
Power (450 to 550):
(Safe side as 3 Sata internal & one SSD plus if i choose for optical later)
Cabinet :
Keboard & Mouse :
(i think standard Logitech combo would do?)
Monitor 21" LEd:
(For now it would do later i will sell & buy another one)

Regards
Vimal

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Thanks Everyone, You have given me quite a things to think about.
I have checked few othersites & come to conclusion that 650i Boost is better for conversion.
So it leads to me the choice of i5 4xxx or i3 3220, i am looking more into it, i think this change would lead me to buy my SSD either on credit or on a later date, but i can manage it for my passion.

Thank You all one's again, if you can once give me again price quote with respect to Intel Rig & what brand should i purchase, i would be delighted & really appriciate it,

Intel Processor :
Motherboard :
Ram 8GB :
(i think warrenty matters so will go for Croshair etc)
GPU :
(650i Boost, Please advise brand in Delhi)
Cooler for Processor :
Power (450 to 550):
(Safe side as 3 Sata internal & one SSD plus if i choose for optical later)
Cabinet :
Keboard & Mouse :
(i think standard Logitech combo would do?)
Monitor 21" LEd:
(For now it would do later i will sell & buy another one)

Regards
Vimal

i5 4430 @12700

Asus B85 mobo @ 6200

Corsair vengance 8gb 1600mhz @ 5.2k

Zotac gtx 650ti boost

Antec vp 450p @ 2.7k

Logitech mk200 keyboard & mice @rs 800

Dell s2240l ips led @ 8800

Nzxt gamma cabinet @2500

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
very little chance of getting NZXT Gamma in Delhi even in Nehru Place & ordering from any online shop will cost at least ~3200 not to mention time delay & worry about damage during transit.better get a decent cooler master cabinet(like elite 311) from nehru place for ~2400.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, for Video encoding with H264 video codec, i5 4310 is simply no match for F?X-8320 or FX 8350 due to the multi-threaded nature of those applications. Most of the Video encoders, commercial or Free and Open Source like TMPGEnc Encode studio, Cyberlink Mediashow Espresso, Handbrake, Mediacoder are extremely multi-threaded in nature, they can split up the workload into multiple threads and can run each of them in a CPU Core. So for video encoding, more the number of cores, more better the performance. FX-8350 and FX-8320 just come behind Intel's highest end i7 4770K in terms of Video ENcoding performance. I have plenty of experience in these kind of works. i5 4430 is no way near to FX-8320 in terms of Video encoding performance and Gaming performance is more or less same for both of 'em.

Here is my suggestion:-
AMD FX-8320 @ 9.8K
Asus M5A97 R2.0 @ 7K
G-Skill RipjawX 1600 MHz 4GB DDR3 @ 2.6K
Corsair CX 500 V2 @ 3.6K
Dell s2240l ips led @ 8.8K
Nzxt gamma cabinet @ 2.5K
Sapphire R7 270X Dual Fan @ 15.5K

Total: 50K. If you want reduce some price then opt for Antec VP450 @ 2.7K and Zotac GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB GDDR5 @ 12.7K

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ASHISH65,i tried the same shop & keep calling them for at least a week around 10th oct last month before giving up.they replied NZXT Gamma was out of stock & whatever few pieces they got were defective/damaged.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^antex gx700 is really good for 4000 but for someone building a htpc/average usage system with non-k intel processor & a graphics card like 7750 spending 4000 on a cabinet is not worth it when you can get cooler master elite 311 or ~2400 in Nehru Place which will do the job just fine.also i am not a gamer but i think that elite 311 with 4 120mm fans should be enough to keep a FX8320+R7 270X temps within acceptable range if getting gx700 is not possible within budget.

Top Bottom