Please HELP!!! Should i change my MoBo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Hai friends...

After working with my new PC for one month. i started to hate my motherboard. i found lots minus points. (u can see my config in signature)

Some of the very BAD:mad: minus points are like....it does not support PCIe 2.0 (i really need this one), it has only 2 RAM slots working in single channel!!!, only 2 SATA II ports, officially my MB does not support 45nm proc (see here *downloads.zotac.com/mediadrivers/mb/cpu/ae2v.txt)...etc.

Am i killing my CPU by putting a Rs. 10,000 proc to a Rs. 2,700 mobo??:confused: Should i change my Mother Board???:( or is it OK with this config??

If i have to chage my MB which one is BEST for my config?? (Budget Rs.5000).
Please guys give me some suggestions..

Thanks...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If its doing what it supposed to do and there's no problem do you really want to change the mobo? Zotac makes trash like many companies out there. I havent seen any pcie 2.0 performance boost vs 1.0 but 2.0 was released which fixed minor hardware bugs. Its silly it doesnt support 45nm processors. Some of the old lga 775 boards can support 45nm via updating a new bios.

OP
Nithu

Nithu

^^ ya my PC is working fine. But without Dual channel & PCIe 2.0 i doubt my PC is not giving me enough performance. i want to by a PCIe 2.0 card in coming month.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
7800gtx ,,,, PCIe 1.0 is more than enough dont worry

Then i used 8600gt with mercury mobo which cost 2300/- with core2duo

No problem , if u upgrade ur gfx card more 9800GTX only u should think about PCIe 2.0

OP
Nithu

Nithu

^^ OK....i want to upgrade my graphics card to 9600GT. is this will give me enough performance??

amitash

Intel OCer
^You will barely see any improvement from pci-e 2.0...Pci-e 2.0 offers twice the bandwidth of the pci-e 1 slot...but the point is there is no graphics card which can make use of such bandwidth...Example: Its like you have built a 2-way highway and its enough for the daily traffic on that highway...now you go and widen that highway to a four lane express highway but still traffic remains the same so there is no need for the extra bit of road...I tried my card on an MSI x48 mobo and i got barely 5-6 fps increase in ALL games. and 9600GT certainly wont make use of pcie-2.0

OP
Nithu

Nithu

^^ thanks man...u really opened my eyes. Now i got the idea!! now i know the difference between PCIe 1.1 & 2.0...At first i thought a PCIe 2.0 gfx card gives double bandwidth over 1.1.....
OK but wats ur opinion abt my MoBo???

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You allready bought it- so dont think much. Dont think about pros and cons after buying it. Its a bad sign which eventually leads you to hate the system. Besides people have different way of doing things and opinions- some are overclockers and willl keep overclocking in mind while rest care about out of the box performance. Take it as an experience and next time when you buy a system, check the reviews, users opinions and ask in forums.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
HD 4870 & GTX 260/280 ,, which really enhances the PCIe 2.0 performance ,,

9600GT will surely make good use of PCIe 1.1 only

OP
Nithu

Nithu

^^ thanks guys these suggestions really helped me...i bought my system before joining to this forum..that's why i made mistake..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom