Please Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayank292

Right off the assembly line
in the morning...somebody gave me some file to install in the system...(something called GMAIL PHRACKSTER)...after installing it... everything from my desktop vanished along with quick launch icons. however, the hard disk shows that every data is in its place but when i try to search it, i don't get anything...can anyone tell me what has happened and what i should do now...??

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Virus? Try some antivirus like AVG or Avast. It may not get installed.. you may face tough time fighting if its a virus..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
To the OP:
tat sumbody wud probably must be ur friend..(im guessing) :( or better worse, brother of ur gf, jus joking :D ) y did u install such a s/w dude.. :(
--- i feel sorry for u... for the hassels caused in cleaning ur system... :(

neways, wat AV u have ??? use AVG (as IronMan) said or use NOD32 or even Kaspersky, also , to remove any reg entries (tat must hv been SURELY been created by tat s/w) use XP Tools Pro and SuperAntiSpyware (believe me, its way better than any adware cleaner like lavasoft's ad aware too)...
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
in the morning...somebody gave me some file to install in the system...(something called GMAIL PHRACKSTER)...after installing it... everything from my desktop vanished along with quick launch icons. however, the hard disk shows that every data is in its place but when i try to search it, i don't get anything...can anyone tell me what has happened and what i should do now...??

Launch "task manager", check if u c any process is running which u don't recognize. End it.
If not able to do this.
Restart ur PC and boot into "Safe Mode", try to uninstall any crapware u've.
Install a good antivirus (I would recommend any AV which provides boot-time scanning, Avast and Quick Heal would by my choice)
Restart and and do a boot scan.

From next time, don't install/unzip/open any folder without running a virus scan.

OP
M

mayank292

Right off the assembly line
i have Avast Anti-Virus and would you mind telling me what is XP Tools Pro and where can I get them??

Besides that i have used SuperAntiSpyware but nothing really happened... the situation still persists.

also, it happened in Windows Vista...so can any one tell me how to approach about it when it comes to Vista. :confused:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well XP Tools pro is a s/w to remove unwanted reg entries created in ur Registry, jus scan the registry and delete all the unwanted entries, its like apiece of cake adn it really works (say for eg, u hv been trying to install a s/w even after resttarting ur system but still there si an error abt corrupted files) then XPtools pro does the job.. :)

google it for the same... its a relaly small app of jus approx. 8-10mb
---------

but 1st u need to scan ur system (NOT with avast plaese....) but with eiter AVG or NOD32 or Kaspersky.. :)
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom