Please help me choose one. Budget IEM (1.5-3k)

nomadsorion

Broken In
Hey all,

Help me choose a good pair of IEM.

Sennheiser CX175 / CX 270 / CX 300II / Sound Magic E10 / Sound Magic E30 / Klipsch S3 / Brainwavz M2. All these cost b/w 1.7k-2.7k. I generally listen to Hans Zimmer tunes, Mozart tracks, a bit of ARR melodies and I am not much into usual rock/metal.

Misplaced two pairs of Sennheisers recently. Looking for good quality sound. To be frank, I have no idea how much bass I need, so that these Hans Zimmer background music tunes sound good. Please guide me.

Thanks.

5fusion

Journeyman
As per the music genre you listen to, E30s would be perfect :thumbs:. isolation is mediocre, just bump up the vol. a little and it should be fine. its the most comfortable though. you can even listen to them while sleeping/relaxing sideways as they sit nicely in ears.

Last edited:
OP
N

nomadsorion

Broken In
As per the music genre you listen to, E30s would be perfect :thumbs:. isolation is mediocre, just bump up the vol. a little and it should be fine. its the most comfortable though. you can even listen to them while sleeping sideways as they sit nicely in ears.

Thanks. That helped me.

5fusion

Journeyman
get it from infibeam as the price is good and it doesnt fall below 2k nowadays. it ranges from 1.9k to 2.5k. even i got it from infibeam delivered on time and was lucky enough to get it in 1.6k long back. may be it was the last piece in stock that time :wink:.

Last edited:
OP
N

nomadsorion

Broken In
get it from infibeam as the price is good and it doesnt fall below 2k nowadays. it ranges from 1.9k to 2.5k. even i got it from infibeam delivered on time and was lucky enough to get it in 1.6k long back. may be it was the last piece in stock that time :wink:.

Thankyou 5fusion. One last query; are Techfusion Twinwoofers good? The design seems nice. And, if I use the buds/tips of my good old Sennheiser with E30, would it improve the isolation?

Scavenger

Broken In
Thankyou 5fusion. One last query; are Techfusion Twinwoofers good? The design seems nice. And, if I use the buds/tips of my good old Sennheiser with E30, would it improve the isolation?

I suggest you to stay away from Twins, their reviews are scripted.
I suggest to get some foam buds to improve noise isolation and get better comfort.

OP
N

nomadsorion

Broken In
Thanks @all :)
SMC Intl at Nehru Place is saying that it would cost me 2600 :|
Will get it from infibeam Rs1900, as I dont think I can get it cheaper than this

5fusion

Journeyman
I suggest you to stay away from Twins, their reviews are scripted.
yeah..heard a lot of complaints regarding build quality by many. one of the buds stops working quite early. cant say anything about the sound as i never tried them though as i much i read about them, the sound is not much likeable out of the box.

And, if I use the buds/tips of my good old Sennheiser with E30, would it improve the isolation?
nope silicon tips wont do much for isolation. i guess e30's do come with foam tips that gave me better isolation but i dont remember if it was of my old pl30s or e30s. Mp4nation says 3pairs of foam tips included. so it should have it.

I suggest to get some foam buds to improve noise isolation and get better comfort.
:thumbs:
you can get the foamies from here also if u wanna try new tips-- Accessories
m using t-500 comply tips though t-400 is the compatible one as per the official comply site.

tkin

Back to school!!
Soundmagic E30 is really good, but if you want to order from abroad: Brainwavz R1 Dual Dynamic Speaker Earphones With Microphone + Brainwavz Peridot Headphone Stand - Free Fedex 2 Day To Select Destinations - BRAINWAVZ
This one is really good, its just that there are some risks ordering from abroad. But if the free fedex shipping applies to India, get it eyes closed.

samudragupta

Youngling
i've been using the Sony XB30EX Extra-Bass Stereo Headphone that i got for 1900/-. I have owned the E30's and they are fragile and broke in 3 months. i've got the sony since 1 month and IMO they are better than the Soundmagic. + the sony warranty is better than overseas soundmagic. Just my opinion.

tkin

Back to school!!
i've been using the Sony XB30EX Extra-Bass Stereo Headphone that i got for 1900/-. I have owned the E30's and they are fragile and broke in 3 months. i've got the sony since 1 month and IMO they are better than the Soundmagic. + the sony warranty is better than overseas soundmagic. Just my opinion.
What do you do with your headphones? Play tug of war? Mine's still intact and I use them regularly on the streets.

Superayush

Tech lover
How about these
Vsonic GR02 Bass | eBay
Of course if you are willing to buy online internationally...heard really good about them :)

samudragupta

Youngling
What do you do with your headphones? Play tug of war? Mine's still intact and I use them regularly on the streets.

A stupid way of putting across your point. Are you sound magics sales executive? Are you a woman who keeps her head phones in her purse? Well I'm a guy and keep it my upper shirt pockets or in jeans and a Headphone should not be so fragile that it can't take the daily wear and tear. As I mentioned above if you haven't read carefully, that it was my view point and I did not ask for your intervention. If you had a good experience with sound magic it seems doesn't mean that all have. Search the forum and you will find many users who had issues with the durability of sound magic. Don't just try to be a critic and appreciate others suggestions and posts.

5fusion

Journeyman
i know its your view. but please dont compare soundmagic with sony. sound is not all about bass. E30 is miles ahead as far as SQ alone is concerned.

exactly my concern :-(. i use it daily everywhere and its been a year.

A stupid way of putting across your point. Search the forum and you will find many users who had issues with the durability of sound magic. Don't just try to be a critic and appreciate others suggestions and posts.
take a chill pill..hes just being frank.
an iem has to fail someday or the other. i disagree on that part. e30 are one of those IEMs which have seen the RMA the least. its just you were not lucky enough.
and by the way OP has mentioned the kind of music he listens to and hence e30 is recommended as it suits the genre better than any others do not coz we like one particular iem or so.

tkin

Back to school!!
A stupid way of putting across your point. Are you sound magics sales executive? Are you a woman who keeps her head phones in her purse? Well I'm a guy and keep it my upper shirt pockets or in jeans and a Headphone should not be so fragile that it can't take the daily wear and tear. As I mentioned above if you haven't read carefully, that it was my view point and I did not ask for your intervention. If you had a good experience with sound magic it seems doesn't mean that all have. Search the forum and you will find many users who had issues with the durability of sound magic. Don't just try to be a critic and appreciate others suggestions and posts.
You are confusing tekfusion with soundmagic, I haunt this forum daily and yet to see any protest about soundmagic, specially E30(PL30 did have a flimsy bass knob), plenty of users whose tekfusion has gone bust though.

PS: I had the Sony XB Series, exactly that model, and to say they are better than E30 :facepalm:
Do the sony models come in kevler? To play tug of war that is....

samudragupta

Youngling
You are confusing tekfusion with soundmagic, I haunt this forum daily and yet to see any protest about soundmagic, specially E30(PL30 did have a flimsy bass knob), plenty of users whose tekfusion has gone bust though.

PS: I had the Sony XB Series, exactly that model, and to say they are better than E30 :facepalm:
Do the sony models come in kevler? To play tug of war that is....
can we not have a debate in this forum. All i am trying to do is share my experience with others. And yes i do find the Sony's better than my earlier soundmagic. And perhaps my earcanals arent as sensitive as yours but are fine enough to provide a good suggestion to newbies. I never said that sound magic are bad, infact they sound awesum with my ipod, but only if they had a proper warranty in India they were my obvious choice over the sony. I think i am entitled to my opinion, isnt it?

tkin

Back to school!!
can we not have a debate in this forum. All i am trying to do is share my experience with others. And yes i do find the Sony's better than my earlier soundmagic. And perhaps my earcanals arent as sensitive as yours but are fine enough to provide a good suggestion to newbies. I never said that sound magic are bad, infact they sound awesum with my ipod, but only if they had a proper warranty in India they were my obvious choice over the sony. I think i am entitled to my opinion, isnt it?
Sure, but what do you mean by proper warranty?

Top Bottom