Please help me choose one. Budget IEM (1.5-3k)

samudragupta

Youngling
Sure, but what do you mean by proper warranty?
i mean that i had a hard time dealing with the ebay dealer whom i got it from. He refused exchage. i guess it was my bad, and that i should have contacted mp4 nation for the repairs. I was just unlucky with the sound magic and was just afraid to get another pair. I would rather prefer to deal with a unit which has the ease of local warranty. I agree they are really good and got me a lot of attention from my friends, but the babies just did not long last. On the other hand the Sony are really sturdy and well built.
P.S. Sorry mate if i sounded rude. Just wasnt my intention.:razz:

tkin

Back to school!!
i mean that i had a hard time dealing with the ebay dealer whom i got it from. He refused exchage. i guess it was my bad, and that i should have contacted mp4 nation for the repairs. I was just unlucky with the sound magic and was just afraid to get another pair. I would rather prefer to deal with a unit which has the ease of local warranty. I agree they are really good and got me a lot of attention from my friends, but the babies just did not long last. On the other hand the Sony are really sturdy and well built.
P.S. Sorry mate if i sounded rude. Just wasnt my intention.:razz:
Wait, wait, wait a minute, you bought it from ebay with dealer warranty, when Indian distributors are importing it with proper warranty? Indian distro of SM is Acro aka SMC in delhi, they have service branches all around India :facepalm:

The same guys who import a lot of computer peripherals as well like Razer :|

samudragupta

Youngling
Wait, wait, wait a minute, you bought it from ebay with dealer warranty, when Indian distributors are importing it with proper warranty? Indian distro of SM is Acro aka SMC in delhi, they have service branches all around India :facepalm:

The same guys who import a lot of computer peripherals as well like Razer :|
what a shame, i just threw them away few days back with 2 months warranty left. Can you be kind enough to provide the ebay dealers link? thanks for the clarification.

tkin

Back to school!!
what a shame, i just threw them away few days back with 2 months warranty left. Can you be kind enough to provide the ebay dealers link? thanks for the clarification.
?? I don't know which dealer you bought it from, but here are the service locations: Our Presence

Acro will only service them if the package has an imported by acro sticker on it. SM sold by HS18, flipkart etc will be an acro unit, also in ebay if it says Manufacturer warranty its by acro: Soundmagic E30 In Ear Earphone Headphone Noise Isolation 4 iphone ipad tablet | eBay

samudragupta

Youngling
?? I don't know which dealer you bought it from, but here are the service locations: Our Presence

Acro will only service them if the package has an imported by acro sticker on it. SM sold by HS18, flipkart etc will be an acro unit, also in ebay if it says Manufacturer warranty its by acro: Soundmagic E30 In Ear Earphone Headphone Noise Isolation 4 iphone ipad tablet | eBay
thanks a ton... will get them once i get paid... would like to have them in my collection

OP
N

nomadsorion

Broken In
Yay! Received it from infibeam today. Overwhelmed with the sound quality. :-D Thanks for the great suggestions!

New query: Where can I get foam tips/buds in Delhi? Something like the Comply products. Nehru Place?

tkin

Back to school!!
Yay! Received it from infibeam today. Overwhelmed with the sound quality. :-D Thanks for the great suggestions!

New query: Where can I get foam tips/buds in Delhi? Something like the Comply products. Nehru Place?
Congrats, but foam tips are not available in India, I found this, but it looks chinese: Fischer Audio - Earbud Foams Tips 3 Pairs In A Pack [ SP-130 ] | eBay

You did get 3x pairs of foam tips with that right?

5fusion

Journeyman
Congrats, but foam tips are not available in India, I found this, but it looks chinese: Fischer Audio - Earbud Foams Tips 3 Pairs In A Pack [ SP-130 ] | eBay

You did get 3x pairs of foam tips with that right?
mate those are for normal buds not for In Ears. btw fisher audio is not chinese. its a russian brand dealing in high-end IEMs & headphone world
and foam tips are available in india.

dont know the place in delhi though you can get it online from the place i mentioned in my previous posts.

you can get the foamies from here also if u wanna try new tips-- Accessories
m using t-500 comply tips though t-400 is the compatible one as per the official comply site.
these are one of the best foams one can get. i use the t500 and they do change sound a little bit.

tkin

Back to school!!
mate those are for normal buds not for In Ears. btw fisher audio is not chinese. its a russian brand dealing in high-end IEMs & headphone world
and foam tips are available in india.

dont know the place in delhi though you can get it online from the place i mentioned in my previous posts.

these are one of the best foams one can get. i use the t500 and they do change sound a little bit.
No no, I know about fischer audio, I think that one in ebay is fake fischer, look at the bud quality and the packaging, looks fake chinese.

5fusion

Journeyman
nope when you want some good stuff. i use my e30 with foams only and they do sound slightly better than stock to my ears with better fit. at first even i thought so but realized this "audio thingy" is that way only. this iem addiction is getting over my head :-( & i am thinking of an upgrade to e30 but no cash :wah:

tkin

Back to school!!
nope when you want some good stuff. i use my e30 with foams only and they do sound slightly better than stock to my ears with better fit. at first even i thought so but realized this "audio thingy" is that way only. this iem addiction is getting over my head :-( & i am thinking of an upgrade to e30 but no cash :wah:
If you're a serious audiophile then you should visit these places:

Warranty, but less products, more cost: The Audio Megastore
Warranty, but you need to ship it to them or something like that, very good service in any case, less cost, large selection: MP4 Nation Audio, Video & Gadget Store

5fusion

Journeyman
ProAudiohome is my fav place to get my audio stuffs. they are simply outstanding in everything, be it support, suggestion :doublethumb:
as far as i know cost is minimum all over india for whatever they provide. got many stuffs when price was the least with them than anywhere else.
Mp4nation is a known place too but at the cost of warranty(being student cant afford to ship back) and add to that customs and duty

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
ProAudiohome is my fav place to get my audio stuffs. they are simply outstanding in everything, be it support, suggestion :doublethumb:
as far as i know cost is minimum all over india for whatever they provide. got many stuffs when price was the least with them than anywhere else.
Mp4nation is a known place too but at the cost of warranty(being student cant afford to ship back) and add to that customs and duty
Me too, got my Audio Technica M35 and FiiO E6 from them, but recently their prices had gone up and they don't stock most stuff, not as much as they used too, I was planning for a Audio Technica M50, but from 8k straight to 10k :cry:

5fusion

Journeyman
Me too, got my Audio Technica M35 and FiiO E6 from them, but recently their prices had gone up and they don't stock most stuff, not as much as they used too, I was planning for a Audio Technica M50, but from 8k straight to 10k :cry:
thats coz that m50 is the "Limited Edition" one and is definitely costlier than the standard one. and it just looks too good to resist. only if i had cash, i would have grabbed one. just get it if you have cash and happen to like its sound, you wont find that exclusive version anywhere in this country. and these are released once in while only. good thing is that these guys have managed to get it even when its hardly available anywhere in world.
and that 8k price used to be before $price increase. imagine importing it from somewhere else and one ends up paying double the cost.

Top Bottom