Please help me as quick as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Hello friends,
I reinstall my XP pro and then upgrade it to sp2, then my PC is taking much time for booting. Means the time between appearing the logo of windowsXP and the appearing of main screen is as long as taking breakfast, but after then everything will fine. I reinstall my XP again but this problem continue. I think my hard disk is damaged. Earlier,approx three times, my pc didn't detect any hard disk but when i push the wire of hard disk after opening the cabinet of CPU, my pc again start to detect my hard disk. Plz solve my problem.

homiyar

Right off the assembly line
Gauravchi said:
Hello friends,
I reinstall my XP pro and then upgrade it to sp2, then my PC is taking much time for booting. Means the time between appearing the logo of windowsXP and the appearing of main screen is as long as taking breakfast, but after then everything will fine. I reinstall my XP again but this problem continue. I think my hard disk is damaged. Earlier,approx three times, my pc didn't detect any hard disk but when i push the wire of hard disk after opening the cabinet of CPU, my pc again start to detect my hard disk. Plz solve my problem.

Dear Gauravchi,

Your PC takes so much time to boot because you have installed Service Pack2.It loads all the additonal features the Service Pack has when the machine starts. If it really takes a very long time, disable programs from loading at startup by typing MSCONFIG in the Run dialog box in the start menuand then select the startup tab.Uncheck the tick mark from all the programs you donot want to load at startup.Press OK and reboot your PC. It should boot much faster.
Regards.
Homiyar

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Dear homiyar,
Thanks for ur response. But it will not solve my problem because i installed servive pack2 from same cd several times, but this is the first time that this problem occurs. And i haven't any startup programs as i saw in my start menu. I hope u or any one else will give me a satisfied solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom