please help:javasdk installation on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidsikka

Right off the assembly line
thiis is my first post here....
i need help in installing javasdk on my linux opensuse 8.0
i have the bin file, followed instructions on the net and installed in /usr/java directory.
now comes the problem of setting the environment variables::
wen i set d environment variables it runs perfectly n java compiler is detected, but on restarting the gnome terminal it again gives the error:
javac:command not found.
wat is to be done in order to not to set the environment variables again n again before compiling a .java file.
if someone has successfully installed javasdk on a linux system, please be kind enuf to tell the procedure in little bit of detail...:neutral:
thanking in anticipation::::eek:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Best thing is to install any java based software, it will set environment automatically.

Download vuze or netbeans or zoomr or eclipse and run it, it will set it up automatically.

Second option is to add export in .bashrc

damked

Broken In
Add your environment variables to file .bash_profile which resides in your home directory.
You may have to create it if it is not already present. Add following line to it:
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/jdkx.x.x_xx/bin
(jdkx.x.x_xx may change according to your settings)
When you start gnome terminal or any other like kterm or rxvt, .bash_profile file will be read and you don't have to set the path each time.:)

If you want to set the path for all users, add the line to /etc/profile file (as root):!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom