sinalkar.sanjay

Always Ready To Learn
Hello Friends!
I have big problem with my pc
My pc configuration:-
Intel core2duo e8400,
4gb ram transcend,wd sata 500gb
Recently i had Motherboard issue!(no display) Asus P5N-MX :
After gone to service center they give me replacement with P5KPL-AM series, after assembling when i try to install any windows or linux it suddenly shutdown at the time of loading files
I check my both rams n Power Supply all ok
Plz help me someone

OP
S

sinalkar.sanjay

Always Ready To Learn
cpu temperature starts from 37c degree and when it reaches to 80c degree, system suddenly shutdown!
I dont know about thermal paste,may b removed DURing motherboard replacedment
CPU FAN SPEED 1928rpm,it increases gradually as per temp. Increases to 2000+rpm
Please what i do now?

pegasus

Journeyman
Who removed the processor/hsf when the motherboard was removed to be sent for RMA?
Did you clean the base of the heatsink and processor and apply fresh TIM (Thermal Interface Material) on the processor before using the new motherboard?

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
its over-heating!!

Check the initial temp of CPU in BIOS
Remove the thermal paste if any and use Arctic MX2.
Check the cable management and also whether the cabinet is well ventilated.
Clean the chasis and also check whether any dust particle is not opposing the rotation of HSF.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As others have pointed out, your CPU is overheating.

Even if thermal paste was not applied properly, the temperature rise should not be so dramatic unless you're overclocking. My guess is that the heatsink was not seated properly. Have that checked and, of course, thermal paste applied properly.

pegasus

Journeyman
Even if thermal paste was not applied properly, the temperature rise should not be so dramatic unless you're overclocking. My guess is that the heatsink was not seated properly. Have that checked and, of course, thermal paste applied properly.
I do not suggest anyone try this out but have you tried using hsf without TIM? :p

Adding to what pimpom sir said,
Please check if all pushpins are turned around to normal position and locked in properly.
Sometimes we forget to turn a push-pin or 2 back to it's original position after unmounting the cooler.
As a result, the push-pin goes in but doesn't lock and may pop out later.
Sometimes, a push-pin may go almost all the way in but may not have 'clicked', only to pop out later.
I know it sounds silly but has happened before.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Intel push pins are bad. they seem to come out if theres a bit of shaking or if you place the CPU hard into the desk or something (i broken 1 push pin of the my 2nd PC having P4). for the overheating, maybe mobo is pumping excessive of voltage. can you post a screenshot of CPU_Z when your proccy runs around 80degree C.

about no display & the random shutdowns, most probably your inbuilt graphics gave up. though its rare but its surely possible. also try new drivers. even when i tried installing the drivers provided with my HD5670, i faced same issue. catalyst installs half & than shutdown. new drivers resolved the problem.

OP
S

sinalkar.sanjay

Always Ready To Learn
For all Thanks For Replying!
As per ur suggestion all guesses are right
My CPU Fan was not installed properly by Vendor, and there was a Gap between Heatsinker n processor
So I removed everything n then again install properly
Now in ideal temp. 40c
N on Load temp. 51c
Is 51c normal? May thermal paste layer getting thin!
Can i apply thermal paste?
Thanks to all guyz who had reply!

Piyush

Lanaya
^^u better apply new layer of thermal paste
but before clean up the surface with alcoholic based liquid(sam knows the name)

and do remember
dont think that the thicker layer will perform better
its not that at all
more thicker the layer of thermal paste is ,more problem will be there
the thermal paste should be applied evenly and must be a thin layer

pegasus

Journeyman
For all Thanks For Replying!
As per ur suggestion all guesses are right
My CPU Fan was not installed properly by Vendor, and there was a Gap between Heatsinker n processor
So I removed everything n then again install properly
Now in ideal temp. 40c
N on Load temp. 51c
Is 51c normal? May thermal paste layer getting thin!
Can i apply thermal paste?
Thanks to all guyz who had reply!
Sad state of vendors/hardware "engineers" in India. :(

Whether your temps are good or bad depends on
- the ambient temperature when you noted the systems temps
- the TIM/Thermal paste used and if applied properly
- the case/cabinet you use
- the amount and orientation of the fans
and maybe a few other variables.

But it's not unsafe at the moment imho if the mounting has been done properly.
^^yup thats it
this is the 3rd time i've been reminded about that
If someone has issues locating good Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA or IP in forum slang) or the dealers don't understand/recognise that name, one may go to a Chemist/medical store and ask for surgical spirit (of highest purity).
The one in the brown glass bottle, from Merck iirc, is very good.
Usually one find the cheapo white plastic bottles and those are not good. (but tolerable when using a fresh bottle)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^yup thats it
this is the 3rd time i've been reminded about that

looks like you bunked Chemistry classes a lot :lol:

If someone has issues locating good Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA or IP in forum slang) or the dealers don't understand/recognise that name, one may go to a Chemist/medical store and ask for surgical spirit (of highest purity).
Usually one find the cheapo white plastic bottles and those are not good. (but tolerable when using a fresh bottle)

best is to get from Chemist. cause looking at Indian shopkeepers knowledge (& experience), i doubt they ever heard the name Isopropyl Alcohol. they'll instead direct you to a BAR :smile:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I'll note that down, I am studying commerce just because of this chemistry. At class 10 level itself it was too much for me. I could never remember the symbols of gold and silver. Sorry to be off topic.

As for the original problem, i don't think 51 degree is very high. Core2Duo does reach that temperature quite easily, especially if the ambient temperature is above 30.

Piyush

Lanaya
looks like you bunked Chemistry classes a lot :lol:

bingo :lol:

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

thanks bro
nowi'll surely remember this one

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I'll note that down, I am studying commerce just because of this chemistry. At class 10 level itself it was too much for me. I could never remember the symbols of gold and silver. Sorry to be off topic.
hum dono bhai-bhai
:lol:

Top Bottom