PlayStation 3 Overtakes The Xbox 360

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted:

Cheat Code Central: Video Game News.

The exclusives did it for sony. The same could do it for ps-vita maybe.

This is also another great news for ps3 owners:-

Sony To Launch PlayStation Web Store

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, playstation brought out a console which needs zero controller? No?
Well, then it didn't overtake the XBox Kinect! :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Its the blue ray player, I am absolutely sure of it, there are plenty of people who bought a PS3 just so they can play Blue rays, with some casual gaming on the side, like for a family where the kids want to game and parents want to see blue rays PS3 is an ideal solution, this is where Xbox has failed, they should have integrated a blue ray player long back(xbox 360.v2).

tkin

Back to school!!
yep the blu ray player makes it an ideal home theatre upgrade.
Yeah, a few months back my cousin was returning from USA and asked me what Blue Ray home theater he should buy from there? I told him to get the PS3 as he like gaming as well, two birds with one stone.

tkin

Back to school!!
just wait and watch PS4 will be a killer too. ;)
That remains to be seen, both platforms have exclusives, HALO, GOW, Uncharted, etc, but I think both of them will come with similar hardware and blue ray drives.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Its the blue ray player, I am absolutely sure of it, there are plenty of people who bought a PS3 just so they can play Blue rays, with some casual gaming on the side, like for a family where the kids want to game and parents want to see blue rays PS3 is an ideal solution, this is where Xbox has failed, they should have integrated a blue ray player long back(xbox 360.v2).

exactly.. the good blu ray players cost about 60-70% of the cost of the lowest PS3.. so why not just get a ps3 itself

Cilus

laborare est orare
That remains to be seen, both platforms have exclusives, HALO, GOW, Uncharted, etc, but I think both of them will come with similar hardware and blue ray drives.

Ps4 will probably have a southern islands gpu (GCN2) with 18 cu's. Xbox 720 will have a 12 cu's gpu based on GCN and not GCN 2. This will be the difference maker.
There are also rumors that ps4 or orbis will have a 2nd bespoke gpu to handle physics and extra vertex shading. On paper overall, it has a peak performance of 1.8 teraflops while durango (xbox 720) has 1.2 tflops.

Liverpool looks like the most powerful SOC ever made yet.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ps4 will probably have a southern islands gpu (GCN2) with 18 cu's. Xbox 720 will have a 12 cu's gpu based on GCN and not GCN 2. This will be the difference maker.
There are also rumors that ps4 or orbis will have a 2nd bespoke gpu to handle physics and extra vertex shading. On paper overall, it has a peak performance of 1.8 teraflops while durango (xbox 720) has 1.2 tflops.

Liverpool looks like the most powerful SOC ever made yet.
Yeah, even PS3 had better processing power than X360 but games looked almost same, I guess they'll find some optimization?

gameranand

Living to Play
Well PS3 was also much faster than Xbox 360 so if PS4 is faster than Xbox 720 then its not a big surprise for me. :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the PS3 was harder to work on than the X360, so the games are slightly less optimised. maybe thats why the net output, even though the PS3 being more powerful, are equal.

tkin

Back to school!!
the PS3 was harder to work on than the X360, so the games are slightly less optimised. maybe thats why the net output, even though the PS3 being more powerful, are equal.
Yeah, actually Xbox used directx, so easy to port games after developing it in PC, PS3 however used OpenGL/LibGCM, so different rendering path, new gen consoles should both aim for same rendering pathway, now xbox will always use direct x, no question, so if PS4 also uses direct x that will be the end of open gl for desktop.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Ps4 will still use open-gl and its derivatives. Xbox 720 will be dx11.
This was the reason why ps3 exclusives always looked so good.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Ps4 will still use open-gl and its derivatives. Xbox 720 will be dx11.
This was the reason why ps3 exclusives always looked so good.

Well I take it as a good thing. I mean its good that two technologies are there, I hate monopoly.

Top Bottom