Playing MPEG and AVI Video Files in Suse 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Hi everyone,

Which players in Linux support playing MPEG and AVI video files, Coz I want to play my video files in Suse 10.1

Please suggest some good video players for suse 10.1 supporting above format.

and from where can i download these players.....

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Checkout this Link. It has all the details you need:
Install Win32 Codecs, DVD Player, Java , XGL *www.thejemreport.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=254&Itemid=42

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, XGL is one resource hungry beast!! Your System config must be 2 GHZ or higher
Processor, 1 GB RAM , ATI or Nvidia Graphic card. Intel's Conroe (Core 2 Duo) Processor
is the best one for XGL.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
The main thing is you need a good graphics card. That goes for all 3D desktop. And IMO, this is still not a good time to try XGL unless you are ready to face some minor quirks, cos AFAIK, it is still a bit buggy.

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
to JGURU & TECH_YOUR_FUTURE & DIGIT FORUM

Thank you very much for ur support and links.......I have successfully configured all the video players for suse 10.1. Now I can play video files of any format.......IT WAS A GREAT LINK.....Once again thanking u.....Suse 10.1 has just changed the shape and face of multimedia applications.....GREAT GOING LINUX N ALL HATS OFF TO SUSE 10.1

OP
paragkalra

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
I have also configured XGL and various 3D effects.......Let me tell u one thing that these features are so advanced and well optimized that even future of Apple's MACINTOSH (Tiger or may LEOPARD) looks grim and dark....and Bill Uncles VISTA IS NO WHERE IN COMPARISON......

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah absolutely! I can never hope to get bored spinning my desktop or squeezing my windows, watching stuff fly by when opened, all those effects are killing me muhaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom