Planning to buy a 22" monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Hi Folks

I am planning to buy a 20" or 22" monitor. I am from Bangalore.

I have some specifications. My budget is 15K.

1. DVI-D is required
3. SVideo and Composite input, HDMI(Optional)
4. Typical Contrast Ratio of 1000:1

More or less, I need a Monitor TV.

I Know I am very greedy about specifications for such price. Is there any such monitor available at my budget? Please also suggest where in Bangalore could I get such monitor.

Regards
Sridatta

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
for 22"

this is the best u can get

dell SP2208WPF for 16.5k ..doesn't have inbuilt speaker though ..if u want to watch Tv still get separate speakers ...monitor speakers won't be good anyway..

or dell E228WFP 22" for 14.5k

or get viewsonic 2262wm/wmp for about 13.5k or 14k (don't know the exact price) someone bought it few weeks back at that price ...may be but i m not sure ..about the price

it has everything u need ..

Last edited:
OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
thanx for the reply..

I could not find any monitor with such model numbers in Dell.co.in site. They might have updated the models.

Suggest me the equivalent model..

imgame2

Padawan
thanx for the reply..

I could not find any monitor with such model numbers in Dell.co.in site. They might have updated the models.

Suggest me the equivalent model..

they are very much available in india and many people have bought it ...

here check it out

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
There are no monitors in my budget range which meet my specs. I need a monitor with Composite and SVideo. Only two monitors with such pins are priced 20k and 49k..

they are very much available in india and many people have bought it ...

here check it out

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
It doesnot have Composite video and svideo. So, ruled out!

I can actually get a 22" Benq Monitor with 5ms response time, 1000:1 typ contrast ratio, DVI-D port for 10.5k. What I am looking is a multimedia monitor.

Dell 228WFP is in your budget AFAIK.

acewin

Point Blanc
dude, all the Dell monitors have DVI port. S-Video is something specific for TVs.
So get real, you need a computer monitor or a TV. you can use TV as system moitor also.

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Because I want to connect my set-top box directly to my monitor without purchasing TV Tuner card. I just dont want to put TV and monitor seperately in my room..

why do u need that ??

CRT TVs have much lower resolution than monitors. AFAIK, LCD TVs are priced higher than a similar sized Monitor.

LGM228WA monitor is priced at 19.5k in LG's website. I am not sure if it is the dealer price or retailer price. Please also let me know any reviews on that..

dude, all the Dell monitors have DVI port. S-Video is something specific for TVs.
So get real, you need a computer monitor or a TV. you can use TV as system moitor also.

Last edited:
OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Can anyone suggest where I can buy an Asus Monitor in bangalore??

I am impressed with *www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=10&l2=89&l3=550&l4=0&model=1707&modelmenu=1

imgame2

Padawan
Can anyone suggest where I can buy an Asus Monitor in bangalore??

I am impressed with *www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=10&l2=89&l3=550&l4=0&model=1707&modelmenu=1

wahts so special about that monitor ..?? its look ??

it will be very costly i can assure u that much ...

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
wahts so special about that monitor ..?? its look ??

it will be very costly i can assure u that much ...

Yeah.. Looks are great.. and It has got all features I m looking for.. Composite, Svideo, Good Speakers with woofer, Webcam, USB Ports.. and good response time, contrast ratio.

I was not able to find the price in india though..

imgame2

Padawan
why don't u go for that LG model LGM228WA ....this model of ASUS if at all available in india will cost near 20k for sure ...

locate a dealer on LG site and call them up ask for the price of that LG monitor ..i hope it comes around 15k

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
i'd recomend DELL SP2208WPF ,itz been a month o so since i've got it n belive me you won't be dissappointed thoug the price is little bit on the higher side bot u'll get an inbuilt webcam with it which offers a good clarity

acewin

Point Blanc
duh, mate in that price you can easily buy monitor + TV Tuner card.

and tehre is something called HDMI and DVI port. And I hope Set Top Boxes with DVI port are available(until and unless you already bought one which has S-Video)

SP2208 has HDMI/DVI port so it can be used with any set top box with the ports.
get real man

Even the price of LG monitor, ingame suggested is around 20K

Last edited:
OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
agreed with all you guys..

I know I was a bit greedy.. but I tried to find one at a reasonable price.. but, with any model, i s'd compromise something or the other..

DELL SP2208 is a great model, but, I m looking for a black one.. Please let me know if black model is available..

The only thing I was worried about TV tuner card is the compatibility with LCD Resolution and Clarity..

The Asus PG221 which I was referring to.. costs 34K.. :eek: so.. dropped!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom