Planning to buy 660 TI !!! which one to choose ?? Asus or Zotac or MSI

dalepraneeth

Broken In
I am planning to buy 660 Ti ...

But confused about which one to choose .... from Asus or Zotac or MSI ...

I want to have best of these 3 cards.... (my budget is flexible in this range.)

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Mention system specs,PSU details(brand,model number,capacity) and budget for the card.Also mention the screen resolution at which you game or are going to game.

havoknation

Journeyman
MSI gives you best VFM as its OC version price are comparable to other's stock versions.
Zotac has 5 years warranty while others has 3
Asus has best build quality.

Choice is yours. I would suggest you for MSI as performance matters first and MSI has power edition 660ti
MSI NVIDIA N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

OP
D

dalepraneeth

Broken In
MSI gives you best VFM as its OC version price are comparable to other's stock versions.
Zotac has 5 years warranty while others has 3
Asus has best build quality.

Choice is yours. I would suggest you for MSI as performance matters first and MSI has power edition 660ti
MSI NVIDIA N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

there are many reports that MSI 660ti is overvolted and the card is failing !!!...

And Asus cards is crashing for some reason ....

is it true ???

Mention system specs,PSU details(brand,model number,capacity) and budget for the card.Also mention the screen resolution at which you game or are going to game.

CPU: CORE I5-3450
PSU: Corsair 750TX
MB: AsRock Z77 ex 4
RAM: GSkills 8GB

Planning to buy Samsung 23" monitor ...
So Resolution: 1080p

vkl

Cyborg Agent
At around 19-20k price range gtx660ti seems ok,but if you can spend a bit more then you can get custom hd7950 for around 23-24k which is a better card.
Sapphire hd 7950 vapor x is available for 23.4k.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
MSI Caught Overvolting GTX 660 Ti, 670 Power Edition Cards this is where I read about MSI overvolting it's gtx 660ti and gtx 670

$ingh

Broken In
i suggest you to go for Zotac Brand... best thing is it has extended 5 years warranty and build quality is also good ..

OP
D

dalepraneeth

Broken In
At around 19-20k price range gtx660ti seems ok,but if you can spend a bit more then you can get custom hd7950 for around 23-24k which is a better card.
Sapphire hd 7950 vapor x is available for 23.4k.

But i want to enjoy PhysX which i believe AMD cards can't have

drkks

Banned
I completely agree with The Incinerator. I had a Nvidia 9600 GT 3.5 years ago and the only Physx games that came out during those 1-2 years were Arkham Asylum and Mirror's edge.
IMO, AMD cards are the best VFM as compared to NVIDIA. :)

about the physx is just a joke by nvidia get ati 7950 best out there ......no matter if u have physx i f ustill need it get a nvidia card for 4-5k and plug it into the second slot !!!!!!!!!!

vkl

Cyborg Agent
HD7950 is simply a better card for gaming than gtx660ti.
As far as physics in games is concerned,some games do use havok or other CPU based physics engine which depend upon CPU for physics calculation,so it would run on any system irrespective of GPU.
As far as Nvidia's Physx is concerned it is implemented in few games and out of them too few games have good implementation like mafia 2.
I would say it is better to take a card which would give a better gameplay in most of the titles than having a lesser performing card with physx.

OP
D

dalepraneeth

Broken In
I am going for MSI 660 Ti after attractive offer on Flipkart

Assassins Creed 3 Download Coupon .... Cool .... and 7950 costs around 24k .... which is 3k more and i am getting AC3 free for 3k less

kapilove77

Padawan
Seriously go for 7950 after latest drivers you get so much game boost in modern games that it fight close to 670 and you wont be disappointed mark my words. Ac3 you can get 999 in pc very soon. And when you overclock it it may give performance near to 670.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Currently Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X edition with Boost model is available at 20.6K + 4% Vat in Vedant Computer, Kolkata. Although they don't have any Online portal, they recently have started Shipping products and can take orders through Phone. Our forum member GamerAnand is buying his 130K rig from them. If you are willing to contact them, I can provide the shop Phone number. You can call them and verify.

Top Bottom