planning to buy 24" WIDE LCD FROM DELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch@0s

In the zone
MakeWayForTheBadGuy said:
@ Ch@os
I'll say it again there is no A03 revision for 2407, not even in the US of A, you must be mistaken with 2005/7 . I don't know anything about 'virtual 8 bit panel' but i do know that dell 2407FPW uses Samsung LTM240M2 8 bit panel which is fully capable of displaying 16.7 million colours.
The A02 revision has the firmware version as V1B15 whereas the earlier versions were V1B11 which showed severe banding etc. issues. The panel used is the same Samsung LTM240M2 8 bit panel.

@W I D E S C R E E N
yes your rig will handle the display nicely.:cool:

Sorry for bumping an old thread... useful info for ppl getting the Dell 2407

*www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1091428

2407 a03... fixes all existing issues...

Now Mr Bad Guy I guess you should shut up :p

Dude when that post was made there was no A03, I have nothing against you.
And i have posted about the A03 In other posts here ealier. And FYI the A03 are A02's just with increased OSD languages support. No issues have been fixed whatsoever.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
i DONT need this now

and we are STILL discussing this NOW after I placed my order....

BUT WAIT

that product is coming straight from the "factory" so dosent it means that they will be providing the most "recent" version/revision of the product??

one more thing
does anybody but the "pros" give a damn about whether the monitor is banding vertically??!!!!

Last edited:
Re: i DONT need this now

Tell me one thing widescreen, the quotation you recieved from dell, what did it say?? '2407WFP' or '2407FPW'

And don't worry about the A03 revision pal, it has just fixed some OSD language issues, rest is A02.

W i d e S c r e e N said:
one more thing
does anybody but the "pros" give a damn about whether the monitor is banding vertically??!!!!

I certaily don't.

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
MakeWayForTheBadGuy said:
Dude when that post was made there was no A03, I have nothing against you.
And i have posted about the A03 In other posts here ealier. And FYI the A03 are A02's just with increased OSD languages support. No issues have been fixed whatsoever.

Thats what dell claims but people are finding something else... check that hardforum thread for comparisons. I saw an a03 for sure... cos we get stuff from dell even b4 its released to the public :p.

Here is a side by side comparison
*www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=169814&cdate=20060828&ctime=140357

Last edited:
its "Dell 2407FPW"
why?

Why do they send quotations as 2407FPW when it says on the website as 2407WFP:confused:
Do letme know when you recieve yours(you already have my mail id ;))

P.S. "MakeWayForTheBadGuy"
edit ur pic i think i has ur g_m_a_i_l eye dee...
Thanks man :p i gotta be more careful. removed the earlier pic since it served it purpose.

Last edited:

plasmafire

Journeyman
Hmmm.. dont have enough money for the 24" biggie.. am ordering the 19" performance version.. sigh.. the agonies of when u start to earn for urself!! No dad money...

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
I finally got my monitor today.

P.S wait for the pics from "goobimama"/ one more guy has ordered the same piece....

Last edited:
Get it replaced with A03, you won't have to be without a monitor. When you apply for replacement they send you another one and you put this one in the new ones box and ship it back, replacements are smooth.

RinceWind

Broken In
Mine is in "customs clearance" as well... it's expected around the 15th or so. It'll probably turn out to be an A02 as well.

Hey, widescreen.. how bad is the vertical banding? did you do a gradient test to see it or was it noticeable during regular usage?

Also try and post a few pix to keep me sated till mine arrives.

I assume you're using DVI and the "desktop" mode?

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
well.. im not replacing it with the a03 it seems to have some problems...
i'll give this piece a chance after all it has a five year warranty so im not i a hurry...
*img174.imageshack.us/img174/9255/05092006117fq0.th.jpg
sorry i don have a new game currently so below is gta3 at 1920x1200
*img333.imageshack.us/img333/7181/05092006125zh6.th.jpg
u can see that banding issue with the hummer's headlights

Last edited:

RinceWind

Broken In
thats a big package... what was in the smaller box? the power cable?

put up some more pics soon!

Also what gfx card do you have?

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
yes it had a power cable..Tell me what "kind" of pics u want
it's geforrce 7800gt for more try the 1 page of this thread

Last edited:
No need for replacing if you don't notice the banding in normal use.
The display sure looks sssswwweeeeeettt, but i had to pay Rs.43891 for mine:confused:..... maybe its the taxes??

Anyway GTA was smooth with your 7800GT na??

EDIT: Sorry, forgot you posted your rig in the 1st page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom