Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
DELL 24" WIDESCREEN LCD help needed

hy I am planning to buy

"Dell 2407WFP 24" UltraSharp Wide Screen Flat Panel LCD Monitor"
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd_in?c=in&l=en&s=bsd

your views about product and service by dell..

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
Make sure you get revision a03 or higher. Earlier ones had banding issues. Dell support is decent.

Ch@0s said:
Make sure you get revision a03 or higher. Earlier ones had banding issues. Dell support is decent.

Ther 'IS' 'NO' 'A03' revision for the 2407, just A02 and it has considerably reduced the horizontal bandings in the desktop mode, it's almost unnoticeable, but banding is still present in the two other modes i.e. in the multimedia and the gaming modes.
But the banding is only noticeable if you look for it all the time, i'd say that it depends on how picky you are.
I'll definitely suggest the 2407 but make sure that you get the Dell 2407WFP A02 not the 2407FPW A00 or A01. When you ask the sales rep here (Maria Francis) she has no idea what revision they'll be sending, this is the only thing that has kept me from buying this display. If you are confirmed that you will get the A02 then go ahead and get this baby, it's an absolute steal for the price.

and remember to bargain, they do budge; and if you get a good concession please do let us know.

goobimama

 Macboy
^ 39k? Are you sure. Cause I'm getting it tomorrow if it is....

I thought it was 55k as is said on the Dell page...

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, goobi. Click on the Buy now link from the link from the link in first post. Its for 40k + shipping

It is very nicely priced considering even Apple's 23" Cinema HD displays cost nearly 1k USD.

So are you seriously thinking of buying it tomorrow?

Ch@0s

In the zone
MakeWayForTheBadGuy said:
Ther 'IS' 'NO' 'A03' revision for the 2407, just A02 and it has considerably reduced the horizontal bandings in the desktop mode, it's almost unnoticeable, but banding is still present in the two other modes i.e. in the multimedia and the gaming modes.
But the banding is only noticeable if you look for it all the time, i'd say that it depends on how picky you are.
I'll definitely suggest the 2407 but make sure that you get the Dell 2407WFP A02 not the 2407FPW A00 or A01. When you ask the sales rep here (Maria Francis) she has no idea what revision they'll be sending, this is the only thing that has kept me from buying this display. If you are confirmed that you will get the A02 then go ahead and get this baby, it's an absolute steal for the price.

and remember to bargain, they do budge; and if you get a good concession please do let us know.

Err sorry a03 for 2007, a02 for 2407 is all thats available in India. However there are still a few a02 2407 displays with banding issues. a03 is already out in the US. I saw one a few days back at our office... There's one subtle diff between 2407 and 2405 though... the 2407 has a virtual 8bit panel. It can never do the full 16.7m colors at the same time.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
for "goobimama"

DELL INDIA LTD.
Tech Support Call - 1 800 425 8045
Customer Care/Delivery Status Call - 1 800 425 4051
Sales Call: 1 800 425 8046 press 3 dials 8281

another query i have

can the sys below handle this monitor in moderate gaming/ent'ment conditions, for atleast 6-7 months?
XFX NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800GT 256MB | AMD ATHLON X2 4200+ | SEAGATE 400GB 7200 RPM HD | MSI K8N DIAMIOND | 1024 MB RAM

Last edited:
@ Ch@os
I'll say it again there is no A03 revision for 2407, not even in the US of A, you must be mistaken with 2005/7 . I don't know anything about 'virtual 8 bit panel' but i do know that dell 2407FPW uses Samsung LTM240M2 8 bit panel which is fully capable of displaying 16.7 million colours.
The A02 revision has the firmware version as V1B15 whereas the earlier versions were V1B11 which showed severe banding etc. issues. The panel used is the same Samsung LTM240M2 8 bit panel.

@W I D E S C R E E N
yes your rig will handle the display nicely.:cool:

Last edited:
OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
for one successful thread

"MakeWayForTheBadGuy"
thankx man for clearing that up^

for anyone intrested in WIDEScreen Ent"ment try these links
*www.widescreenadvocate.org/
*www.widescreengamingforum.com/

Last edited:

RinceWind

Broken In
hey widescreen, you ordered the 2407 yet? I finaly bit the bullet and sent in the DD to Dell today... lets see when the mon gets here.

i believe the A02's are the only ones shipping now and as long as you stay in the 'desktop' mode, banding is pretty much nil. Besides, a bit of banding was never gonna stop me from getting an awesome 24 incher at this price! I know my 6800GS will struggle at most recent games on this big boy but as far as i've read, the Dell scales res's pretty well so maybe playing at 1280x800 won't look TOO bad.

I'll keep everybody posted on the order's progress.. Dell's website states a 2 week long lead time so this may take a while :(

RinceWind

Broken In
You can be sure of that, MakeWay... i've already planned the whole thing out. It'll be a lengthy review including numerous pics of each step from unpacking to checking for issues to gaming.

Most important thing I gotta do now is try and clear enough space on me desk for the 2407. I'm planning to keep my current 17"LG crt as a second monitor. Let's see how that works out as well.

can't wait for it :D

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
the monitor is on it's way from Penang, Malaysia.... guess they import much of the products.... BTW, how much should it take in "customs clearance"?

Last edited:

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
what is the cheapest 24inch monitor and the cheapest 19inch lcd available?
P.S:contact me if when you get your next monitor,i'll buy this one.....LOL:D
(i'm not kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom