Plannig to buy a new pc.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^erm no....
and since its tough to kill setup setup these day,s by oc'ing...why don't you try your hand?
since you have a big budget which literally screams out "OC ,OC ,OC"

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
is it a crime being a newbie in computer hardware knowledge? man i feel absolutely dumb here..

no no, absolutely not. Computer knowledge is always meant to be shared. Actually, that HD 5450 (if i remember correctly) won't be able to handle the latest HDgames even at mid-settings. And the processor ticking in that A700 is clocked at 1.73Ghz. It's real slow even though you think that i7 will do you any good. After a year or two, you would get bored with this and you won't be able to upgrade parts, you have to sell it off and buy a new pc. But, getting a assembled pc has lots of advantages, you can keep it running for year after year, upgrading a few components here & there.

[cilus is a jewel of this forum, who has got excellent knowledge about computers]

Cilus

laborare est orare
Mahatma, the price of A700 is way over your budget and the target audience from the product is complete different. It is product to decorate your home with a powerful HTPC as well as some asthetic value. But this kind of products are not intended for power users who want complete control over their system. 2ndly upgrade of these products are simply too much of a deal.
It comes with a 1st gen Core i7 740, not a Sandybridge processor and remember i7 740 is a laptop processor with far lower performance than even a Core i5 750 due to reduced clock speed and only 3 MB L3 cache. Similarly HD 5650M is a mobile low end Gfx card and won't let you play most of the games with higher setting in 1080P resolution.
For a desktop user, assembled ones are the best solution any day than a branded product.

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
@matchboxx and @cilus- now i get it.. y dint i think this earlier that it will b a "pain in the wrong place" if i wanna upgrade an aio.. offcose an assembled pc will b a good option in terms of future proofing and upgrading. And ya i get bored very easily. But wat attracted me the most was the availability of ports in that system, the screen. it lookd marvellous. i saw it in the Computex Fair at ice skating this monday.. it lookd very good. but now i understand dat its not at all powerful and handling can b a bit of a problem.
so i start for zero again, i should go for an assembled pc. Pls let the suggestions pour in.. will drop the idea of aio.

and pls do take my point no. 14 of the questtionaire into consideration

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
^^choose any config from the above mentioned ones.

You can get built-in bluetooth with ASUS mobos

Blueray drives cost around 10k, 3D gaming will be possible with Nvidia 3D vision kit along with GTX 560ti

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
i wud also like u guys to know that i'll b connecting my ps3 move as well as tata sky hd+ ialong wid my cpu. can i capture and store or save videos/movies/serials/matches/everything else from tata sky hd+ into my pc. if yes then how????

only changing the gfx and 3d will b sufficient in the above rig or accordingly i will hav to change the mobo and proccesor??

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then you need to add a TV tuner card with Video capturing capability. They are available in both Internal (PCI, PCI-E X1 slot based) and External (USB based) configuration. Cheap frontech, Intex or Zebronics based TV tuner cards will cost you around 1-1.5K.
For example Odyssey ODY 502 External TV tuner card, available @ 1.5K. Check it Buy ODYSSEY ODY 502 TFT Tuner Card online at uniqinfotechindia.com, Indiaonlineshopping.in at best prices with same day delivery in Ahmedabad and 3 business days delivery all over India

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
and if i want to view and record hd content then???

which mobo has internal tv tuner card and bluetooth combined??

Cilus

laborare est orare
HD content can be viewed for sure but you need to check if the card is able to record HD content or not.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@gamefreak
err..since when amd and nvidia started working together?

Best post of this thread. :grin:

But availability of the high-end products and non-conventional product availability may be an issue in Vedant. You can also try M.D. Computer which has the best stock in Chandni when it comes to highend products.
Most of us, the Kolkata gamers actually made their purchase from M.D. Computer. They are well aware of our Digit forum and you can try by saying that you got the prices from Digit to get some small discount.

+1, for high end gaming products, md ftw!!

^+1 to that...vedent wont even touch you @ times coz they think we are obliged to buy from them...

I'll still say that regular & long time customers of Vedant get benefit all the time, and as their quote is lowest at almost all the products, you don't need to reduce them.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
sorry was a mistake i was abt to suggest gtx 580 but that wasnt in ops budget so amd but forgot to delete the gtx part

I won't say that as a mistake, but it was funny. Only human being do mistake. If we stop doing mistakes, then we won't be human. ;)
Cheers.

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
guys the motherboard u r suggesting, does it hav an inbuilt gfx?? if yes then which 1, and shud i go for another card which shud b same as the inbuilt 1....??? i hope u get my point. i stil dint get a concrete answer for my point no 14... i want inbuilt wifi and bluetooth. nd which tv tuner card shall i buy and i need to buy a good all in one(fax copy scan) photo printer also, shud i go for hp or canon?? budget 7k max. Pls dont get irritated by my questions. i really wanna get everything i can this time within a couple of days.

my engineer has suggested me this config

Intel core i7 2600k
Intel BG67 BE
ATI Radeon 6870 1gb ddr5
4gb ram- corsair 1333mhz

he is saying to go for lg led screen which is for 15k but i m thinking for any smart tv like samsung or lg. or i hav a panasonic 32" full hd lcd. can i connect it in urs or my engineers config??

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
for point 14) try this -

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|10500
Motherboard |MSI Z68A-GD55(B3)|8700
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1600
Graphic Card |MSI N560GTX|10500
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1900
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
3D Vision Kit |Nvidia 3D Vision Kit|8100
3D Monitor |Asus VG236HE BK|18500
| Total |67100

you can find bluetooth with ASUS mobos like ASUS P8Z68 V @ 12k~

since you wont overclock you can get this too-

Component | Make | Price | Comments Processor |Intel Core i5 2500|10000
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL-B3|5500
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1100
Graphic Card |Zotac GTX560 2GB|12000|2GB memory will give you more depth in 3D.
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|1900
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
3D Vision Kit |Nvidia 3D Vision Kit|8100
3D Monitor |Asus VG236HE BK|18500
Mouse & Keyboard |Razer Cyclosa Gaming Bundle|2000
Mouse Pad |Razer Goliathus Fragged Omega S - Speed/Control|500
UPS |Intex 1KVA|1800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1500
| Total |69800

for bluetooth, get a separate dongle. and you can also get a separate wifi card.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Good config jas.
I think op should stick with your second config and choose i5 2500k with z68. Will be ideal and more future proof as op can sli later as well. The psu should be corsair tx 750-v2.

I strongly suggest a good ups for this type of rig. Apc 1100va is the best.

Top Bottom