planned for a 50K PC.. need suggestion/opinion/critics.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Photoshop CS4, gaming :crysis II/Warhead, NFS prostreet,NFS:HP,(basically all NFS m big fan of NFS), video editing, also have plans for 3D gaming in future.
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: yeah always.. preferably for product wid good performance VS money VS product_life ratio
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:50k
4. Planning to overclock?
A: may be if required while gaming

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: windows 7, linux ,XP

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: Already have a Samsung LCD TV.. will use dat as monitor only. Its 22” resolution 1366 x 768. It has HDMI and VGA port only.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:yeah,a long tym before

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: As soon as possible(can’t wait nw)

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: dnt include speaker,Monitor,

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:delhi.. preferably not from oder states

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary(I planned for such things)
A: a.proccy is Core i5 760 2.8GHz and need a mobo wid USB3.0 ,
a. b. 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM,
b. cabinet wid gr8 looks( iball Bullets)
c. graphic card GTX460 AMP has been decided till nw. Neoder wid good VFM n similar performance can work too.
d. keyboard i want to purchase may b in dis week only is Logitech K350..
e. need a mouse wid some programmable keys.. enquired 1 HCL mouse with 1600dpi 5 programmable keys for Rs 500. Is dis ok??
f. suggest a DVD RW dual layer (BD reader if price diff is nt big)
g. i have plan for 3D gamin in future.. kindly suggest how can i do dat? i have been reading about NVidia 3d vision GPU.. bt got no idea how evrythin work? do dey need 3D compatitble TV?
15. selected a WD Caviar Black 500 GB, SATA 3 Gb/s, 32 MB Cache, 7200 RPM ( Model: WD5001AALS).. and PSU - Corsair TX650W with Microtek 600va
ne opinion??

ssb1551

Technomancer
Have a look at the thread : "PC Buying Guide - NOV 2010" by Jas.
Though I don't think 3D gaming rig will come in 50k.

J

Joker

those 3D Gaming etc. things are gimmicks according to me & most....please don't run after those.... :|

you want a motherboard with the provision of both Crossfire and SLI?? along with SATA3 6gbps and USB 3.0? the motherboard will cost quite a bit...but still worth it, according to me.

So, here it goes.

Intel Core i5-760 @ 10k
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P @ 11.5k (has everything which u've asked for)
Zotac GTX460 1GB GDDR5 AMP @ 12k (your choice as you feel this is enough for u)
2*2GB Corsair XMS/Gskill Ripjaws/Kingston 1333Mhz RAM @ 3.1k (get any 1333mhz or 1600mhz..slight price difference and slight performance difference)
Cooler Master Elite 430 @ 2.6k (ignore iBall cabinets please)
LG DVD Writer @ 1k
Corsair HX650 modular @ 7k (plenty of room for future graphic upgrades like SLI)
Hard disk of ur choice
Keyboard mouse of ur choice..

now see..this is slightly underpowered cuz you can get a much better graphic card if u compromise on motherboard (USB 3.0, SATA3 6gbps etc.) but this is a config which is good & gives room for u to add another gtx460 later for more performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
ohhkk means dese LCD monitors dnt work in dis case... leave it on next upgrade den..cant exceed budget.. bt den wht dis FireGL do which u have included in config for 3d works??
btw jas can we get dell alienware cabinet frm market?? ne idea?

J

Joker

bt den wht dis FireGL do which u have included in config for 3d works??
it is for developers who work with software like maya,3ds max etc.

like i said 3d gaming is partially a gimmick, dont run after these worthless things as of now

also u cant get alienware cabinet..u have to buy their whole system

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
ohkk i wud go wid your config... as it has almost everythin wht i need.. thanks :)
"a motherboard with the provision of both Crossfire and SLI??" is dis xactly meant for multiple GPU ?? bt till nw no such plans..

n u are talkin abt which GPU as dis rig is gettin underpowerd?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
He meant that P55 motherboards without USB 3.0 are cheaper by 2-3k. If you have a spare PCIe slot in your motherboard, then for USB 3.0, you can always go for:

*www.skyenne.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Belkin-F4U023-SuperSpeed-3-PCIe-Add-In-Card-Picture.JPG

But anyways, go for the config suggested by Joker.

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
kk.. dis cud be an option too.. dat mobo is fine for me

ico any solution for serial and parallel ports.??. actually i have some projects like PC controlled robot,etc and they require such ports for interface..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.govgroup.com/images_products/2181461_big.jpg

This goes in the PCI slot. It might be hard to find.

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
ohkk what is dis called??if i wanna purchase dis..

btw "1 x serial port header" generally specified by vendors in spec sheet of mobo.. wht is dis meant for????

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
ohkk what is dis called??if i wanna purchase dis..
PCI to Serial card? PCI to Serial/Parallel card?

btw "1 x serial port header" generally specified by vendors in spec sheet of mobo.. wht is dis meant for????
Another way of getting a serial port.

*www.instructables.com/image/FXQE1QYFK27A0UY/Wire-up-the-serial-header.jpg

And you have for parallel too:

*service.pcconnection.com/images/inhouse/7962683.jpg

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
ohkk means instead of giving as a back panel connector dey have given on board only so if required get dat cable only as u have shown...

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
thanks buddy :) i have to buy that PCI to parallel/serial card.. do u knw ne brand n price??

i was searchin dis i found brands like rosewell, SPEED, AXXON ... dnt what kinda brand dey are...

neoder cabinet dan CM elite? its cheap n best i think.. bt i was searchin for some stylish one (ma lil bro want dis :) )

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No brand preferences for those cards. Just go for any brand you find. Search on Ebay.

CM Elite 430 is the best VFM cabinet out there.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
eBay India: 2 Dual RS-232 DB9 Serial Port to PCI I/O Card Adapter (item 160506410228 end time 21-Nov-2010 21:43:57 IST)

eBay India: PCI To Parallel LPT Port I/O Card adapter (item 270665471614 end time 17-Dec-2010 21:14:46 IST)

500+360 for both of them. I have no idea about the price of these. Just go and buy them. They'll be surely expensive because the demand for these is usually less.

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
ohkk i will chk den.. they r based on PCIx1 slots na?
2 will be used by dis serial and parallel.. n mobo has total 3 PCIx1 ... hope atleast 1 slot will be free for future..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
ohkk i will chk den.. they r based on PCIx1 slots na?
There is a big difference between PCI and PCI Express (PCIe).

Your motherboard has 2 PCI slots. And they will occupy both. (the perpendicular white long slots in this picture)

3 PCIe 1x slots. They will remain unoccupied. 2 PCIe 16x slots. Graphic card will go in one of them.

*www.gigabyte.us/fileupload/product/2/3435/3002.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom