Pl. suggest USB 3 pen drive

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Interested to buy a USB 3 Pen Drive 16 GB. Pl. suggest.

While plenty are available online around RS 500, (Some claim this price after 20 - 30% discount!)any idea from folks having experience of buying at LAmington road Mumbai, if it is around the same price there as well?

A

amit.tiger12

if can buy SanDisk extreme... its good in performance wise...
Amazon.in: Buy SanDisk Extreme 16GB USB 3.0 Pen Drive Online at Low Prices in India | SanDisk Reviews & Ratings

32gb option is vfm compared to 16gb for sandisk extreme...

ankitj1611

Journeyman
I am using Sandisk Ultra Usb 3.0 purchased from snapdeal at 399
It is very good pen drive.Capless pen drives are great IMO.Speed is very nice even on usb 2.0

A

amit.tiger12

Sandisk ultra is VFM as per your budget.. but if you want performance then Sandisk Extreme.. ;)

Some sites you can use for reference...
USB Flash Drive Speed Tests - Any Drive Size
FLASH DRIVE SPEED Tests & Reviews
Best USB Flash Drive - 99 Charts - UserBenchmark
The Best USB 3.0 Thumb Drive | The Wirecutter
5 Of The Fastest USB 3.0 Flash Drives You Should Buy

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Sandisk 16GB Cruzer Glide Flash PEN Drive 5 YRS Warranty USB 2 0 3 0 | eBay

Get this with COUPOND100, Total price is Rs 315, the best deal you can get on the internet atm

If you want blazing fast speeds, get Extreme

I'm having 32GB extreme. I get around 70-80 MBps read & write speeds with my 5400rpm HDD & 90-100MBps write & 120MBps read speeds with SSD. It seems my pen drive is faster than my HDD :-D

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
thanks friends..for now seems I shall opt for Sandisk ultra (extreme is tempting though) as budget is around 500. shall update back soon once I pick one.

windtalker

Right off the assembly line
It's good that you are going for SD Ultra. In my PC, I get about 24-28 mbps speed while transferring data from HDD and vice versa. Excellent READ/WRITE speed.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It's good that you are going for SD Ultra. In my PC, I get about 24-28 mbps speed while transferring data from HDD and vice versa. Excellent READ/WRITE speed.

I get that much speed with my ~8 year old Moserbaer usb 2.0 pendrive. You sure you're using the Ultra on a USB 3.0 port or have USB 3.0 drivers installed?

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
is it a standard that the inside of the plug of USB 3 device be Blue in color?
on my mobo the USB socket is Blue where it's USB3.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
is it a standard that the inside of the plug of USB 3 device be Blue in color?
on my mobo the USB socket is Blue where it's USB3.

Yes, every USB 3.0 hub on the mobo or USB 3.0 device will be only in Blue color which can be easily identified by its color.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
using a adata usb3.0 32GB PD with write speed of 30 - 33 MB/s and read speed of ~100 - 105 MB/s
using a strontium usb3.0 16GB PD with write speed of 17MB/s and read speed of ~28 - 33 MB/s

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
got Sandisk Ultra 16GB from Snapdeal for about 440rs.
Ran a small freeware utility USBDeview and it gave speedtest results 36 MB/s Write and 100 MB/s for Read. Overall looks good to me..thanks again!

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
got Sandisk Ultra 16GB from Snapdeal for about 440rs.
Ran a small freeware utility USBDeview and it gave speedtest results 36 MB/s Read and 100 MB/s for Write. Overall looks good to me..thanks again!

I think you meant 36 MB/S for Write and 100 MB/s for Read

Top Bottom