Pirates Buy x10 times more music than Non-Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
except for the sh!tty copy protection.

:O dont you use an i-pod/mp3 player ? ...... ppl routinely rip music from such *copy protected* cds ...... its not illegal to rip music and create a back up/use it in ur mp3 player ..... its only illegal if u share that music with somebody else

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
:O dont you use an i-pod/mp3 player ? ...... ppl routinely rip music from such *copy protected* cds ...... its not illegal to rip music and create a back up/use it in ur mp3 player ..... its only illegal if u share that music with somebody else

Unfortunately its illegal to install games on more than certain no. of PCs and certain no. of times under sh!tty DRM without dialing a no. to CC.

And DRM media is not playable on other mp3 players.

I want a simple copy paste kind of thing. Why should I waste my time ripping (installing software etc) when I can just drag and drop it to my HDD ?

Any kind of copy protection is sh!tty IMO.

In your opinion it is illegal if I share my media with my family...:lol:

And who says ripping music is not illegal ?
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripping

iinfi

mekalodu
i v worked in market research industry for abt 1.5 years and know a couple of facts.

since the sample consists of respondents from Norway only, the findings of the survey will be valid only for that country and those areas in Norway where the participants hailed from.
If you project (or weight it) towards other geographic areas it will be a biased survey.

just two facts. m not saying BI Norwegian School of Management said anyting of that sort.

lastly
In fact, among all 1,901 Norway-based study participants (all of whom were over the age of 15), it was found that those who downloaded "free" music were 10x more likely to download pay music

the word more likely also has its significance. anyone from market research industry or someone who has studied market research will be able to throw more light on this.

In your opinion it is illegal if I share my media with my family...:lol:

And who says ripping music is not illegal ?
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripping

Nice try .... where does the article say ripping is illegal ?

The legality of ripping is controversial. It allows content to be losslessly copied for a very low or essentially zero cost. The copy (or the original) could theoretically be passed to someone who did not purchase it. If someone uses copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder (under conditions not covered by fair use), a copyright violation has occurred. What is unclear is exactly when the crime has occurred and if ripping itself was part of the criminal act. Ripping copyrighted material for personal use is clearly not a crime, however ripping it and passing it to others clearly is a crime (again, only in conditions not covered by fair use)
Next time try reading thru the articles that you quote or link too :lol:

and where have i said (in my opinion ? ) that sharing movies with your family is illegal

your family is not a 3rd party

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nice try .... where does the article say ripping is illegal ?

Next time try reading thru the articles that you quote or link too :lol:
Yes I have read that part also. You left out some other lines too like:
Recording industry representatives have claimed (in the context of Atlantic v. Howell) that ripping itself may be regarded as theft

In the United Kingdom, making a private copy of copyrighted media without the copyright owner's consent is illegal as of April 2009: this includes ripping music from a CD to a computer or digital music player.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripping#cite_note-5
Now lets try some real world exapmles :lol:

*www.internetdj.com/article.php?storyid=955
*www.unicom.com/blog/entry/480
*www.tomsguide.com/us/cd-ripping,news-233.html

And what do you think DRM is achieving for consumers ?

and where have i said (in my opinion ? ) that sharing movies with your family is illegal

your family is not a 3rd party

How do you define a family ? 4 persons in it or a family of over 20 persons. Tell me how do you decide who will share or who will not ?

Last edited:
You are embarrassing your self :lol:

Recording industry representatives have claimed (in the context of Atlantic v. Howell) that ripping itself may be regarded as theft

1) Claims are not facts ....... Ripping (for private use) is not illegal in most countries (least of all in India) ......

In the United Kingdom, making a private copy of copyrighted media without the copyright owner's consent is illegal as of April 2009: this includes ripping music from a CD to a computer or digital music player.

2) Oh so you live in the UK is it ? :lol:

Its not illegal in India period

stop giving lame arguments

How do you define a family ? 4 persons in it or a family of over 20 persons. Tell me how do you decide who will share or who will not ?
:X ....... Pathetic .........

Do you have 50 wives and 1000 children ??

Family = immediate family ...... not your relatives

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You are embarrassing your self :lol:

1) Claims are not facts ....... Ripping (for private use) is not illegal in most countries (least of all in India) ......

2) Oh so you live in the UK is it ? :lol:

Its not illegal in India period

stop giving lame arguments

Ok leave that and tell me about DRM. Is it country specific too ?

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
:X ....... Pathetic .........

Do you have 50 wives and 1000 children ??

Family = immediate family ...... not your relatives

Definitions of family on the Web:

• a social unit living together; "he moved his family to Virginia"; "It was a good Christian household"; "I waited until the whole house was asleep ...
  • primary social group; parents and children; "he wanted to have a good job before starting a family"
  • class: a collection of things sharing a common attribute; "there are two classes of detergents"
  • people descended from a common ancestor; "his family has lived in Massachusetts since the Mayflower"
  • kin: a person having kinship with another or others; "he's kin"; "he's family"
  • (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more genera; "sharks belong to the fish family"
  • syndicate: a loose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities
  • an association of people who share common beliefs or activities; "the message was addressed not just to employees but to every member of the company family"; "the church welcomed new members into its fellowship"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom