Pirated Or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiblu

Broken In
Hey guys i hav a branded pc it came loaded with winxp, now my question is that do i have original windows xp or not, is it safe to use pirated winxp on the internet. can i use windows update.

vandit

In the zone
most probably than not ur PC is using original as u have a branded PC( if it is a well known brand) u cant use windows update if it is pirated...

anandk

Distinguished Member
yeah, if its a (known) branded pc, ur's must be having a legit winxp. didnt they give u the xp cd !? if its pirated, and if the serial is known to have been leaked, then u will not be able to update. but it is nevertheless safe to surf the internet without the updates, provided u use a good antivius/anti-spy/firewall. avast/adaware/zonealra r some good freeware in these categories respectively. u can search for them at www.download.com

shaunak

Tux Fan
if it is absolutely new and you were promised xp with the pc you can verify the validity of your windows at howtotell.microsoft.com ; if it is pirated it is your right to demand for a original copy and report your dealer.

ashfame

Padawan
automatic updates downloads the updates for the xp even if it is not genuine.
no genuine check is required when windows is updating itself.
but has a doubt do they get properly install b'coz once i saw log file of an update which shows repeated failure of installation but in control panel > add remove it shows installed.

Well i know one way of getting updates from net without a genuine copy of OS, is there any way i can report to Microsoft to get something back in return.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Mostly u will have a legal version coz its a branded one........see wheather u have the license it looks like booklet and says that u have an original version of windows......

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Many ppl download millions of softwares from the internet everyday and many ppl buys new hardwares.. why don't ppl buy original XP. it only cost >Rs. 2000.

Well.. just thought i would say that here.. I got original XP now.. before i was using pirated. Since windows Xp got that genuine validation tool. It got me worried, so i got the original XP key now. And to tell you all. Its nice to see when microsoft says.. "Thanks for being a Genuine Customer" - good to smile looking at that ;)

and believe me it worth it too.. dunno what microsoft will do next.. they NEVER tell the secrets... only what they want the public to know. Just the small bitsies.. the rest big stuffs they keep to themself. I am MSC and a beta tester, i know. If anyone use windows as their OS, better get an original one. I didn't got any problems running many softwares since i got the original XP.

cheers

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
PrinceHeart wrote:
Well.. just thought i would say that here.. I got original XP now.. before i was using pirated. Since windows Xp got that genuine validation tool. It got me worried, so i got the original XP key now.

Well, i still made my WIN XP look original and Genuine to MS even thou i was being bugged up by tat annoying GENUINE TOOL crap... ;)

royal wrote:
it is perfectly possible to get windows update on a pirated OS
Totally agree with u bro... :D

BTW tiblu, jus go to microsoft.com and try if MS recognises ur copy of XP to be legal or not.. BTW U must be having the CD/Box Pack for the WIN XP OS.. isint it ???

Cheers n e-peace......

OP
tiblu

tiblu

Broken In
what happens if my winxp is illegal or pirated will there b any charge on me or some kind of fine by microsoft.

ashfame

Padawan
nothing bro, when u will go to their site, they will just tell u that u might be a victim of software fraud, click here to buy a genuine xp, blah blah....

And u r done! they won't do anything else

Vyasram

The pWnster
if they fine and charge users, 78% of indian pc users will be on jail.

Nothin happens.

Btw ms has thanked me 4 usin genuine win xp though the version i hav is pirated... cool

cyrux

In the zone
I guess more than 78%

@princeheart . Microsoft xp >2000 . Why only 2k its also greater than 3k and 4k . Its somewhere above 5k.

There are no student copies of such software like in other places and this is what makes me go mad at them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom