Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

heidi2521

Padawan
Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

Essentially, Savage said that computers used to build simulations perform "lattice quantum chromodynamics calculations" - dividing space into a four-dimensional grid. Doing so allows researchers to examine the force which binds subatomic particles together into neutrons and protons - but it also allows things to happen in the simulation, including the development of complex physical "signatures", that researchers don't program directly into the computer. In looking for these signatures, such as limitations on the energy held by cosmic rays, they hope to find similarities within our own universe.

And if such signatures do appear in both? Boot up, baby. We're inside a computer. (Maybe).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
...and God is the programmer :D

This has been going on for a long time I guess. I vaguely remember reading something about this a couple of years back.

icebags

Technomancer
interesting topic, thanks for the update. :)
when i was in lower school, i used to think earth is electron and sun is nucleus of some bigger atomic model.

icebags

Technomancer
i am puzzled now, apart from thinking that, god is playing Sim[universe] game, what is the case for us ? are we essentially destroying universes when shutting down computers everyday ? :eek:

logout20

Journeyman
that reminds me of one of the south park episode where earth is a television program ..........Kartman _ Sweet

This news feels odd to me.... coz day before yesterday I was watching "Wreck it ralph" and was thinking "what if we are in a game, without knowing it and why are human lifes and different from characters of a video game.. since as long and the game is running the characters or AI perform actions, have ideas etc...just like a human has as long as he is living"
Why do you guys think humans are different ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Though I am certain that this is pretty much possible in theory, but practically I am not sure how its possible to create a whole chain of simulated worlds. Even if it were possible, to what end? There has to be some sort of physical limitations, unless those physical limitations are limited because it was declared so in this simulation.

On a lighter note, I would hate it if I found out that the whole universe is just a copy of a SimCity like game being played by some being higher up in the simulation chain. :p

PS: Could make a Conspiracy Keanu meme about this.

Though I am certain that this is pretty much possible in theory, but practically I am not sure how its possible to create a whole chain of simulated worlds. Even if it were possible, to what end? There has to be some sort of physical limitations, unless those physical limitations are limited because it was declared so in this simulation.

On a lighter note, I would hate it if I found out that the whole universe is just a copy of a SimCity like game being played by some being higher up in the simulation chain. :p

PS: Could make a Conspiracy Keanu meme about this.

20 years ago a single platter disk with > 1GB capacity was impossible. 100 years ago space travel was impossible and 10000 years ago everything was impossible.

We may be simulated by future humans or other specie to see how they evolved. And evolution sims are already available.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^Absolutely...Back to the vedas.

The only real is the HIM(SUPER ARCHITECT/PROGRAMMER/......???????......!!!!!.....)

icebags

Technomancer
^^Absolutely...Back to the vedas.

The only real is the HIM(SUPER ARCHITECT/PROGRAMMER/......???????......!!!!!.....)
if we are being simulated by god, then who is simulating god ? *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/43.gif

in other words, if god is playing sim-universe, who is playing "sim-god verse" ? *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/102.gif

Top Bottom