PHP book help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
hello frnz i want to learn PHP with MySQL n apache server bt dnt knw frm where to study please help me finding a decent book to follow which must be in simple english...
i already have some knowledge of ASP.NET interface ...

Pathik

Google Bot
WROX: Beginning PHP, Apache, MySQL

*www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764557440.html

My favorite.

kapsicum

spice it up
though i would suggest you W3schools which is Best of the Lot & also because of its simplicity & To the point ...

recently i also found really neat site Practical PHP Programming wiki but never actually went through it so i m not sure but i feel its a real good one too

hope this links will help you & other ... :)

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
I too learnt PHP using the Wrox's Beginning PHP, Apache and MySQL.. Currently, 'PHP Cookbook' is my favorite..

toofan

Technomancer
Wrox one is easy approach to learing PHP but sometimes it get confusing.
For a begineer everything is not explained in this book. But I am using this book.
Other books are
Apress.Beginning.PHP.and.MySQL.3rd.Edition.(it deals with PHP6)

OReilly.Learning.PHP.and.MySQL.2nd.Edition.Aug.2007

Do a little bit of googling with appropriate prefix or suffix and you will be surprised.:D

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
yesterday I borrowed the wrox ed. of PHP book and I feel its better to have some knowledge of HTML,PHP for a beginner..as I am already reading sams book on PHP and MySQl so its a bit easier to learn from wrox . and I suggest to all the readers DO NOT follow wrox as your first book. you'll feel depressed..

toofan

Technomancer
for PHP you should have HTML and CSS knowledge. Wrox one is a good book to use but you should know the basics first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom