Phone or Tablet...

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Hi All,

This is my first post here and I would like to wish all a very good morning.

Now, the reason I am here. There is some confusion and a couple of suggestions would help. I have my birthday in Jan and at the rate at which phones and tablets are releasing, I will be spoilt for choices.

But, as you know, more choices, more confusion. Currently, I am eyeing the Nexus 7 tablet and the iPad Mini.

And in phones, Droid DNA and NeXus4.

This is where you guys come in. I commute by train and as you all know how crowded trains in Bombay are, I was thinking will it be wise buying a tablet or a phone would be better.

Little suggestions can do wonder...

Thanks for your time.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Droid DNA will never come to India. It is a verizon CDMA phone with no SIM slot.

In crowded Mumbai trains, it would be unwise to get a tablet for travel entertainment. Get the Nexus 4.

Only a couple of months ago, my friend lost his Blackberry Curve in a Mumbai local train... stolen... So, its always risky...

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Droid DNA will never come to India. It is a verizon CDMA phone with no SIM slot.

In crowded Mumbai trains, it would be unwise to get a tablet for travel entertainment. Get the Nexus 4.

Only a couple of months ago, my friend lost his Blackberry Curve in a Mumbai local train... stolen... So, its always risky...

Hi..thanks for your reply. Are you sure the DNA is a CDMA? I thought it was a global GSM unlocked device. Anyways, yes, I too am worried a bit about travelling with a tablet, but would a nice case be a good idea? A strong case, I mean, people now a days have all kinds of devices on them. (I travel by the first class BTW).

PS:

Off-topic: What's up with these GK questions on top before every post:

"The Indian revolt/rebellion of 1857 started at which place?"

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
doesnt matter whether the droid dna is gsm or cdma.its a US-only phone.period.
And i would suggest you to get a tablet with voice calling facility.
and seeing the phones/tablets you listed, i guess you have a high budget...
my preferences: Note 2/Note 800
note 2 is actually a phablet but i guess it would suit your needs better.

and i live in bombay too...so a phablet it is..the note 2 :thumbs:

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
hahah...thanks but I am a hardcoded Samsung hater...I believe the products they produce are wayyyy inferior for the price we pay.

aroraanant

Explorer
I highly recommend you to buy Note 2, well even I don't like any of the Samsung S series phone( Can say I hate them) but Note is something really good. And Note 2 is just amazing.
And still if you don't wish to buy a Samsung product then you can have a look at HTC One X.
Would not recommend you to buy a tablet as they are not much useful according to me, a person should get a tablet only if some extra money and wish to have a product for entertainment purpose.

I highly recommend you to buy Note 2, well even I don't like any of the Samsung S series phone( Can say I hate them) but Note is something really good. And Note 2 is just amazing.
And still if you don't wish to buy a Samsung product then you can have a look at HTC One X.
Would not recommend you to buy a tablet as they are not much useful according to me, a person should get a tablet only if he/she has some extra money and wish to have a productfor entertainment purpose.

I commute by train and as you all know how crowded trains in Bombay are, I was thinking will it be wise buying a tablet or a phone would be better
In that case specially tablets are not recommend atleast from my side.

sharang_3

Journeyman

droid dna would be released in gsm version as htc deluxe and should be around the corner..however it'll be above 40k for sure..

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
droid dna would be released in gsm version as htc deluxe and should be around the corner..however it'll be above 40k for sure..

thats just rumoured... refer this

the htc j buttterfly is the same as the droid dna but it is Japan exclusive :(

hahah...thanks but I am a hardcoded Samsung hater...I believe the products they produce are wayyyy inferior for the price we pay.

Same goes for Apple but the iPhone 5 AND the S3 have individually sold in millions :D

sharang_3

Journeyman
thats just rumoured...

no htc have confirmed they wont be releasing it for europe and there was nothing about india in it..the device is pretty much existent and as most tech sites speculated would be released under different name in europe..

OP
X

X 0 N 0 D E

Broken In
Ive decided on the neXus 7. It is awesome and very useful. Also, aptly priced. Don't you guys think?

May be a Windows Phone 8, but that's later.

Top Bottom