Phone manager for ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya_v

Broken In
Hi,
i own a W700i. Been using MyPhoneExplorer for windows for years, but cant find any alternative to it in ubuntu.

I installed wammu but it fails to send/recieve sms or read contact data or anyother stuff.

Currently, I am using MyPhoneExplorer under wine but its highly restricted in its operation..
can anyone suggest me something better?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i think theres some wammu or something like that; infra might be able to help u he owns a se so he might be knowing better alternatives

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
An excellent guide for syncing Wammu and SE phones: *www.howtoforge.com/fedora8-bluetooth-wammu-mobile-phone

You can also try gnome photn manager: *soft.softoogle.com/ap/gnome-phone-manager-download-3127.shtml

Hope it helps... :)

OP
aditya_v

aditya_v

Broken In
An excellent guide for syncing Wammu and SE phones: *www.howtoforge.com/fedora8-bluetooth-wammu-mobile-phone

You can also try gnome photn manager: *soft.softoogle.com/ap/gnome-phone-manager-download-3127.shtml

Hope it helps... :)

Thanks for the guides.

However, they all describe connecting mobile over bluetooth. I am using the USB cable to connect my mobile.
I think even you own a w700i? can u please try with a USB cable?

btw:what step, and money would i require to enable bluetooth for PC?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
However, they all describe connecting mobile over bluetooth. I am using the USB cable to connect my mobile.
Skip the BT pairing part and come over straight to the place where Wammu config is given in the guide, instead of BT select Data Cable. Rest of the steps remain same :)

I think even you own a w700i? can u please try with a USB cable?
Need some time dude... Bit busy these dayz...

btw:what step, and money would i require to enable bluetooth for PC?
If you don't haf a BT dongle then you can get on for about Rs.250. To use BT blindly follow the guide stated above :)

Rahim

Married!
I had already paired my SE T610 with Ubuntu but Wammu always give me this error "Neither GNOME Bluetooth (btctl) nor PyBluez found, not possible to scan for bluetooth devices" in the Phone Wizard during Phone Search. I searceh for these packages in Synaptic and found Gnome Bluetooth is already installed, but couldnt find PyBluez there.
Whats the problem?
I can send files ,from and to, both devices.

I downloaded gnome-phone-manager and was ablr to send SMS, though.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
below site links popular phonemanager's in GNU/Linux :)
*tuxmobil.org/phones_linux_misc.html

below site links popular phonemanager's in GNU/Linux :)
*tuxmobil.org/phones_linux_misc.html
My knowledge zeroes with mobile phone configuration and software in GNU/Linux :sad:

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
I installed the following packages(Dont ask me what they do:D)
bwidget (1.7.0-1)
gnome-vfs-obexftp (0.4-1)
obexftp (0.19-7ubuntu1)
obextool (0.33-0ubuntu1)
openobex-apps (1.3-3ubuntu1)
tablelist (4.6-0ubuntu1)
And I open Nautilus enter
Code:
obex://[00:0e:07:2e:c0:38]
to access my T610:D Now i can simply copy/paste to or from my cell and Ubuntu!!!! Easy.
I found my cel address [00:0e:07:2e:c0:38] through
Code:
hcitool scan

praka123

left this forum longback
Hi Guys,I got a SE W810i .I have installed opensyncutils,openobex-apps,obexfs,obexftp apart from wammu(for phone mode) to browse/transfer data between Linux and SE mobile via USB.
After these steps,nautilus,showed PHONE,PHONE CARD(memory card) in side pane and it is easy :D

yet to try bluetooth on this mobile ...wait :)

Rahim

Married!
COngrats prakash bhai for hetting the new mobile. I am still struggling with my cell and Hardy.

praka123

left this forum longback
^which one?you can sync most mobiles I think :) .this phone(SE W810i) is very well supported :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom