Phone for elderly ?

bongourav

Broken In
Hi friends,

I need to buy a cell phone for my grand-dad.
It'll be his first phone so I wanted one which is very easy to use.
Large keypad is important as he has big fingers (I asked him to use my old N70 & he was not at all pleased with the keypad).
Budget is maximum 3-4k.

I liked the "iBall Aasaan" phone which is available for 3k. Its only the brand iBall that concerns me. Moreover there aren't many reviews of the phone available on net.

Should I go ahead and get this phone or is there any other phone which suits better?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have seen that phone closely ...I think it have an emergency no and big number pad...good for elders..
What else do you want in a phone like that
sms is useless...gprs useless...MP3 useless...memory card useless...

OP
bongourav

bongourav

Broken In
sms is useless...gprs useless...MP3 useless...memory card useless...

None of those features are required. The phone will only be used for making and receiving phone calls.

As I had mentioned, my priority is a comfortable keypad and good quality sound while talking.
Moreover, the torch is another good thing that I like about this phone.

I think I've made up my mind to get this phone.
Now, the confusion is which colour I should get - White or the Black one ?? Perhaps, I am just more inclined towards the white one..

Thanks for the replies !

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
Good choice.
Go for White. It wud be better for your grandfather.
Reasons
-he wouldnt be travelling and working so the phone has less chance of getting marks
-It wud be easier to spot in dark or in less light also
-White means that phone body wont absorb heat if left in sunlight or even while talking/charging. So it will be comfortable to use

Cheers :) hope he loves his new phone

OP
bongourav

bongourav

Broken In
Thanks..

I'll post a short review as soon as I get it.
Don't know if it will be available in my city (Siliguri).. otherwise the last resort is ordering online ...
Letsbuy is offering it at rs 3,050 ... Any idea how do we get coupon code for discount?

Adheip

Right off the assembly line
Check out this phone
Munoth S6 Senior Citizen Phone With Six Months Online Medical Data Support | Munoth S6 Senior Citizen Phone With Six Months Online Medical Data Support Pricing, Review and Accessories | IndiaPlaza

OP
bongourav

bongourav

Broken In
^^ Thanks for the alternatives.

Among all the above, I still prefer iBall Aasaan. Reasons are:
1. Better brand (Please correct me if I am wrong).
2. Torch
3. Looks better

By the way, if anyone has used this phone, then can you tell me if the keypad is comfortable to use?

Top Bottom