Phone drowned in water ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends ... my 8 months old Nokia 5200 was dropped in water recently and got damaged ... i think i should get a new one and sell the current one after repairing ...... so plz suggest a good Phone within 7k .... the best in this range .... personally i like Nokia 6233 .... but if there is any other option ??

Budget is strictly 7k ( i have 512 Micro Sd already) ...

and also .. are there any chances of my current one to be repaired ????

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll suggest Sony Ericsson K550i.......

And yes, your current mobile may get repaired. My grandma's Nokia 1600 was repaired when it had drowned in water. Display IC was changed.......

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
6233 always , best for your budget with all features. I once dropped my l7 in water and then switched it off for for three days and guess what the phone worked just fine. Your phone can be repaired provided you get it repaired from a good qualified person but it will cost you much then expected. Anyway is your phone working now ? If it is working then what is the problem faced.

acewin

Point Blanc
I had got my 2310 watered, the circuit board would be needed to be changed for the mobile. There can be alot different problem which can come, sometimes mobiles gets auto off, sometimes your menu options will become berserk giving you all wrong.

Give your 5200 to Nokia care what they say. And yup you need a qualified person to clean it once, if the IC isnt damaged it will go good otherwise you will need to get circuit board changed. may cost you upto 1500 to 2K, if you want originial nokia from the Nokia Care.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
When you gadgets get drowned in water... you should switch it off.. take out the battery... and bury them both in dry and raw rice. Rice soaks up the moisture fast.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I had a 3220 get inundated in seawater once. I removed the battery, washed it out in clean fresh water and dried it for 2 days in the sun. Has worked fine for 3 years now.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Go for the K750i..It is a superb phone...Excellent 2 MP cam and good audio quality...It comes with a free bluetooth headset now..Lovely phone...

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
thnx guys .... i have decided for 6233 and buying it today as the other choices are nt in my budget ... m getting 6233 at 7020/- (subhiksha, and local dealer) .........cheers ...

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
This Holi I jumped into water tank with Samsung Hero CDMA phone in my pocket..Enjoyed the water tank for 15-20 minutes..Then realized i had phone in my pocket..it was dead by then..given it to a local service waala...he charged Rs 100 and phone is all well now..So phone drowned doesn't always mean going for a new mobile..

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats sandeepkochhar on ur phone not being affected by water... Ur phone is lucky enough 2 survive. Usually it doesn't happen...

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Nokia 5200? It was supposed to have multi channel support. SO doesn't it support water? :D

Ok jokes apart my frnd also got water drowned SE T610i repaired... so do giv the local repairwalas' jugaads a try.

Edburg

In the zone
i left my 6233 in fresh water for about 10 min then i took it out to find it turned off....then i removed battery,sim and left as such for 2 days.....but i dint dry it properly as there was misty fog like in the screen....but it worked great when i tried...

but problem started when i updated firmware....it wont turn on...when i gave in nokia care they repeadtedly were saying phone under water so no warrenty....then i spent about 700 to get it fixed...

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
guys one more suggestion needed ... i have a pair of Creative Ep-630 which i used to pair with my Nokia 5200 ... is there any chance to find a jack by which i can connect them with my Nokia 6233 ?????

arun2105

Broken In
If i remember correctly, the adapter costs about 500+ bucks if you go for the original adapter from Nokia Dealer.

I own an expensive phone which isn't available in India, So its service. It is a slider phone. Got its data cable, which connects the top panel to the lower cut somehow(Which is what the local jugad phone repairers told me) and now it isn't available in India. Now it is lying on my table as the most Good Looking Expensive paperweight my entire family ever had. What a waste.

Lesson Learned: Do not buy an expensive electronic product if you cant afford to have it as your paperweight.

Now am going for the 6233 for now before i can have enough disposal money to afford a smart phone or those mostly glamorous but unpractical higher end N-Series.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
2 years back I faced a similar problem when I dropped my Nokia 3310 in the Kanji container when I was having Gol Gappas...I tried a lot, even dried it in the sun for three days but the cell refused 2 work...So I bought a new phone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom