Phone around 25k

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
^^ true..

xperia s vs one s main differences:

720p HD res screen vs low res screen (still high enough)
32 gb vs 16 gb internal
12 mp vs 8 mp
ICS vs JB
29k vs 28.5k (flipkart)

-1 to 2k (local shops)

perplexed

Journeyman
The HTC One S being shipped in India has a crappy processor. It is vastly under powered as compared to the HTC One S in us/uk. The indian model also has a crappy gpu.
The indian model has a processor belonging to old htc models which has been overclocked so as to make the processor clock same as the current HTC One S models abroad. This over clocking will create over-heating problems.

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
flipkart is selling motorola razr for 22k and is giving hdmi cable worth 1800 free Motorola RAZR XT910: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com. I really wanted to have a the razr but i was getting sgs2 for a better price. now that it's price has been cut, is it a good buy?
Does the non removable battery cause any problem? any idea about its music?

also htc one s us version is available at ebay.

does sgs3 give a talktime of 20+ hours??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
read that Razr have bad battery life. All Android smartphones have poor battery backup but Razr have much smaller battery. Do some checking before getting one. Other than that it looks fine. Though my bet is still on S2 for the impressive community support.

aroraanant

Explorer
Don't even think of Razr, its UI is crap and look wise also it is not good.
Now One S has got a price cut so it is a better buy.

OP
S

slyfox

Broken In
my friend is going to us next month. i am planning to buy a cellphone from there. how does the entire process work.
will he get a mobile phone on contract and then i will have to get it unlocked here? on contract even the best mobile phone are available @ 200 usd.
can somebody elaborate on the entire process.

aroraanant

Explorer
The contract ones are available only for the residents of US.
A tourist can't buy a phone in contract from there.

LegendKiller

In the zone
After doing a bit of research on the net(ebay), i shortlisted 3 phones for myself,
1. Google Nexus- Rs.20999 (the only downside is the lack of warranty in India)
2. Xperia Arc S : Rs.17990 (1yr old and some say ICS isn't good on it)
3. Xperia P : Rs 17500 (saw it on croma, awesome display, slightly lower battery and screen-size)

Pls suggest. My heart is on Samsung nexus but the warranty issue is a big worry.I dunno samsung guys will repair it in india?

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
arc s...2011 phone...no jb update in future officially...old architecture..single core processor...old gfx...

xperia p...23.5k => croma price...17.5k => w/o bill...awesome phone..using it since 2 weeks...
nexus...slightly better performer than xp...but both are really good phones...

nothing happens to the phone for first year...

LegendKiller

In the zone
Damn i should have thought about the bill. I think that ebay seller might be selling the Xperia-p like Alfa does in mumbai, i.e w/o the bill. Nexus's real deal breaker is a super amoled 4.65 inch screen at that price!!!
Well, i need to convince dad, he is not sure about ordering from ebay....:-(

perplexed

Journeyman
Damn i should have thought about the bill. I think that ebay seller might be selling the Xperia-p like Alfa does in mumbai, i.e w/o the bill. Nexus's real deal breaker is a super amoled 4.65 inch screen at that price!!!
Well, i need to convince dad, he is not sure about ordering from ebay....:-(

No FM + 5MP camera ?? wtf !!

LegendKiller

In the zone
No the concerned ebay seller is offering with a bill. You can search for xperia-p on ebay.in and his product pops up first. Also, Xperia-p is now priced at 22.9k as of y'day(Courtsey: Sony World, Shipra Mall,Ghaziabad).
As for Nexus, i won't mind not having a FM radio and a meager 5mp camera....but issue is of its repair-ability in India.....

Here's a link to a vendor claiming to have imported one-s from us...*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_4768wt_906

aroraanant

Explorer
Arc S= piece of crap considering the other phones in market in that price bracket.
Right now One S is available at ebay for around 22.6k and it seems to be the best option.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
e.g. for sale brand new original Apple iPhone 4S 64GB,32GB 16GB, Quadband 3G HSDPA GPS Unlocked Phone (SIM Free)Free shipping - Hyderabad: Mobile - Cell Phones in Hyderabad at Quikr Hyderabad

GREAT OFFERS @ 45% AFFORDABLE PRICE IN ALL BRAND NEW APPLE I PHONES AND SAMSUNG MOBILES FACTORY UNLOCKED ON SALES - Hyderabad: Mobile - Cell Phones in Hyderabad at Quikr Hyderabad

anyone having any idea about such deals. i found a few such deals on quickr.

Is this any kinda joke?

Top Bottom