Philips to stop selling Tv's and CD players!!!!

As what appeared to be a shocking news for me that Philips Electronics has decided to sell its audio and video business to Japan's Funai Electric Co for $202 million and now would have more focus on the profitable areas of home appliances, healthcare and lighting.

Philips to stop selling TVs, CD players - The Times of India

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
That means no more Philips labelled Audio Systems. I love their A/V systems and my first Big TV was philips and their sound and picture quality is excellent, which i will place next to Sony's. It is sad to here this.

tkin

Back to school!!
Oh hell, my family had been a phillips freak for years, our audio systems, portable audio playes, tv, photoframes, all from phillips, sad :( :(

Fairwell.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Quite sad indeed. Philips made some great products, especially Televisions. The Philips Cinema Ambilight TV was one of my fav TVs of all time and also one of the sleekest looking as well.

And among LCD makers, Philips was the only brand to offer the same level of PQ brilliance as Sony.

mohit_delhi

Broken In
Quite sad indeed. Philips made some great products, especially Televisions. The Philips Cinema Ambilight TV was one of my fav TVs of all time and also one of the sleekest looking as well.

And among LCD makers, Philips was the only brand to offer the same level of PQ brilliance as Sony.

+1 to that. When I recently demoed LEDs found only philips to be comparable to sony

Top Bottom