Philips SHP2700 or Your choice ?

I am looking for a headphone for my iPod 4g which can be used with laptop too. After checking reviews online and searching forum, I think I will go for Philips SHP2700.

I am not sure its available in the market or not, can you guys guide me something similar or better ones ?

I am not a music freak, and this gonna be my first additional headphone rather than using IEM's.

No one ?? :(

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Senn.. HD 202 has amazing clarity for sure, bass is nice & deep but do not expect thumping & booming BASS of SONY & CREATIVE
HD 202 has better BASS compared to other models of Sennheiser in this price range..

I've Philips SHP 2500 which i bought for 750 INR which is quite good definitely better than sony MDR's but my frnds HD 202 @ 1390 INR r just awesome....

I remember reading on the net that philips sets like 2500 & 2700 requires more power to sound good so may not sound good on PMP's & Laptops also....... I tried it on MOBILE but the sound was pretty low & missed few frequencies...

Choice is urs.... but take my words HD 202 will be gr8 option & with 2yrs company warranty & I doubt if Philips gives any warranty [ few dealers in lamington rd, mumbai says there is 6 mnths warranty while few say no warranty]
BEST LUCK !!!

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
U can also consider In ear Head phones like creative EP 830 OR sony MDR-EX57SL within 1500 INR range. If u can spend more consider AKG

also think of SoundMagic PL11 @ 500 INR

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
MDR-EX57SL is absolute junk. audio output is very very very tinny. I threw it away after few days, so did gx_saurav. and EP830 is nowhere near to those from Soungmagic, head-direct and philips in audio quality.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
MDR-EX57SL r quite natural sounding & u may need to give some burn in time to give better output but do not expect thumping bass & about tiny audio output may be faulty h/s
ep 830 is of average types as is quite cheaper than Sennheiser counterparts & yes!! heard lot about soundmagic

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
MDR-EX57SL r quite natural sounding & u may need to give some burn in time to give better output but do not expect thumping bass & about tiny audio output may be faulty h/s
ep 830 is of average types as is quite cheaper than Sennheiser counterparts & yes!! heard lot about soundmagic

sorry, they are far from being natural sounding. they seriously lack high-mids and highs (even after burn-in). The EX50LP which costs some 500 bucks less is much better.

OP
dreatica

dreatica

Dev
U can also consider In ear Head phones like creative EP 830 OR sony MDR-EX57SL within 1500 INR range. If u can spend more consider AKG

also think of SoundMagic PL11 @ 500 INR

I feel pain using in ear headphones. That's why I dont use it at all.

Senn.. HD 202 has amazing clarity for sure, bass is nice & deep but do not expect thumping & booming BASS of SONY & CREATIVE
HD 202 has better BASS compared to other models of Sennheiser in this price range..

I've Philips SHP 2500 which i bought for 750 INR which is quite good definitely better than sony MDR's but my frnds HD 202 @ 1390 INR r just awesome....

I remember reading on the net that philips sets like 2500 & 2700 requires more power to sound good so may not sound good on PMP's & Laptops also....... I tried it on MOBILE but the sound was pretty low & missed few frequencies...

Choice is urs.... but take my words HD 202 will be gr8 option & with 2yrs company warranty & I doubt if Philips gives any warranty [ few dealers in lamington rd, mumbai says there is 6 mnths warranty while few say no warranty]
BEST LUCK !!!

I was not aware of that. Will check out the market today if I can get a demo of HD202.

OP
dreatica

dreatica

Dev
I didnt get demos out here for the headphones. Dam.

The two version most of the shops had were HD201 and Philips 2500. Some say they are discontinued and some say there are outta stock.

Have to go to NP to decide now. What should be the price of both the headphones Approx ? I like the looks of 2700 though, but as desiibond said to go for 202. Have no other choice now :(

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Looks like I've joined the thread late :p
I own a pair of SHP2700 for over 2yrs now, Bought it for 1.4k back then. Good Build quality, Great comfort over long period, I used to play games for 7-8 hours straight and you won't feel the weight of the hp, coming to sound quality, Highs sound great on this, so is mid, lows are good to my liking, not too strong, not too weak, may not appeal to bass heads. That's about it.

Regarding the senn HD202, I haven't tried this particular model, but when I compare the two, Philips has better build quality(read strong) and better Highs, the rest tips in favor of senn, tight bass and soundstage is a bit wide in this when compared to Philips.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Ordered online HD202. I hope they perform well else I will kill Desiibond :D

remember. they won't sound good right out of the box. Do the burn-in. Use the FAQs and burin audio files in Burn-in wave files: white noise, pink noise, frequency sweep, channel mix for 100hrs atleast (i used to keep mine on burn-in all night. 45 minutes of playback, 15 minutes of silence, again 45 minutes of playback and 15 minutes of silence....). Till the burn in is over, don't use it on high volume.

OP
dreatica

dreatica

Dev
remember. they won't sound good right out of the box. Do the burn-in. Use the FAQs and burin audio files in Burn-in wave files: white noise, pink noise, frequency sweep, channel mix for 100hrs atleast (i used to keep mine on burn-in all night. 45 minutes of playback, 15 minutes of silence, again 45 minutes of playback and 15 minutes of silence....). Till the burn in is over, don't use it on high volume.

Yeah, will surely follow the tip. cant wait to receive it. So you also have hd 202 ? :)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hehe I remember how pissed off I was about the sound quality when I listened to it for first time. Be patient for a week or two, they might sound downright crappy in the beginning, they'll come to their own after burn in period, as desiibond said :)

Top Bottom