Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I still dont understand is it bad to be pessimistic or good to be optimistic

I have been till my life xperiences (uptil my coll)...seen that a mixture of both Pessimism and Optimism worked for me......

ppl say u need to be optimistic...I have seen situation where only optimism is the way to get things done...
some even say many of the successful men were pessimistic

so what really is the truth?

Rahim

Married!
You cannot be one-sided with these 2 powerful emotions. It does not depend on the rule of thumb. Rather it depends on the situations and its variables. I cannot be confident all the time for all the work.

amol48

Searching...
^^ Yup like me... I am always optimistic. I always try to look for something good even in bad situations. Or just say "Thank god it didn't get worse than this!"

On the contrary one of my friends is totally opposite to me!

An interesting to note is things often go bad to pessimists while very few times to optimists not in technically, but it's just their way of attitude towards it! ;)

@gopi_vpboy
some even say many of the successful men were pessimistic

I have infact heard opposite of this.
"Optimistic people are always successful or you can also put it the other way - Successful people are always optimistic"

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I read this line in a book:

A beggar is the most optimistic person in the world. Everytime someone passes by him, he begs for alms, hoping that the person would give something. Even when 100 people pass him by without offering anything, he still continues to beg in hope that someone might...

The title of the book was - 'nakaratmak soch - safalta ka raaz' (Pessimism - the key to success) or something like that. :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Life's not fair. Get used to it. Stop cribbing. Stop whining. Shut up and make the best of what you have. :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I'm a self confessed pessimistic. Everything I start, I start thinking I won't be able to do it. But I take it as a challenge and try to do everything to make it a success.
Jab logo-ko gyan deta hoon, I'm d most optimistic person in d world. U've to be yaar, no one likes a pessimistic, thats why they go to godmen, priests, astrologers...they just boost up ur moral nothing else.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
World is place for both type of people, for example in IT..
Optimistic person will become a good programmer, and a pessimistic one a good tester :)

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
long time ago my career counsellor once asked me :: "Do you see the glass as half full or half empty ??" My reply "If u want me to fill the glass its half full else if u r offering the glass to me its half empty "

Who cares if u r an optimist or pessimist as long as u get the work done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom