personel web server fro php.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hiii .. can anyone tell me how can i use my php pages on my pc on the lan . i have just down loaded phpbb forum code from net and i want to use it in the lan . whick king of database i should use for that . can u give me some detailed info about php and that coz i m less familiar with the php ..

diab0lic666

Broken In
LAN? or ur PC??? I am kinda confused. Neither you have mentioned what OS you are on. I assume you are on windows and wnat to run php server pages locally. Download phpdev from sourceforge.net/projects/phpdev5/ and read the manual. install phpbb in www directory and you are set. I recommend reading manual. Best of luck.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
nik_for_you said:
hiii .. can anyone tell me how can i use my php pages on my pc on the lan . i have just down loaded phpbb forum code from net and i want to use it in the lan . whick king of database i should use for that . can u give me some detailed info about php and that coz i m less familiar with the php ..

You need to install php ..
and you need MySQL database..
see this link .. i'll asnwer most of the questions
*internetmaster.com/installtutorial/

din

Tribal Boy
The BEST thing available in internet in my opinion is

*www.apachefriends.org/en/

U will get

Apache, MySQL, PHP + PEAR, Perl, mod_php, mod_perl, mod_ssl, OpenSSL, phpMyAdmin, Webalizer, Mercury Mail Transport System for Win32 and NetWare Systems v3.32, JpGraph, FileZilla FTP Server, mcrypt, Turck MMCache, SQLite, and WEB-DAV + mod_auth_mysql.

as a single exe !! ( thers file for linux system too )

Its very easy to install and run . I strongly recommend it . Its FREE

OP
G

thanx a lot . and i m using win xp as os . i have downloaded badblue personel web server from net and now i will try now i m down loading the file mentioned by DIN . and to diab0lic666 i want to set up for lan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom