Personal pic set as wallpaper looks stretchy

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
I fyou want to know the resolution you are currently using is

xp

1] Right click desktop

2] Select properties

3] Select settings tab

4] Your screen resoluton will be displayed there itself !

Win 7

1] right click desktop

2] Select screen resolution !

3] Your screen resoluton will be displayed there itself !

Its very easy to convert those imges into that particular resolution !

Download a software PHOTOSCAPE free online

and just resize it !

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
And try following:
After you set the pic as wallpaper. Then right click on desktop, and select Properties. Now, in the window where you can change your wallpaper, check if the position to set the wallpaper is set to "Stretch", "Tile", or "Center".
Out of the above the selection should be Center.
When I select the option Center the head in the pic disappears.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
When I select the option Center the head in the pic disappears.

Still waiting for the following:

Now, post the exact resolution of the Image you tool from your camera. By right clicking the image, and selecting properties, and then observing the Summary tab.

@ajayritik : Tell us, the height and width of the pic, which you are tying to set as wallpaper.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I accidentally deleted the pic which I had setup as wallpaper and which was showing as stretched. Now I have set another pic which has resolution 1024*726 which looks ok.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Is it possible the photo was tall (height more than width)? If that was the case and you had a higher resolution than the screen, it would explain why the head would disappear and also why the pic got distorted while stretching. The solution would have been to crop to match scale of monitor before setting as wallpaper with stretch...

Arun

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
All you have to do is change the aspect ratio of your camera to 16:9. This aspect ratio is provided in the camera so that pics that are taken can be viewed on HDTVs and monitors.
For the pics that you have already taken, choose zoom in mode or simply crop the pics to 16:9 aspect ratio. You will obviously loose some field of view though.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ BINGO! Whatever baccilus said. Cant be a better explanation.

Considering the resolution of your monitor, which is, 1920*1080 (~1.7), I would like to add that, if you want a pic to set as wallpaper, which is not of 1.7 aspect ratio, just consider that the height of picture should not be greater than 1080 pixels (in which case portions of picture would cut off).
If it is greater, you can use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to Resize the picture by percentage, so that original aspect ratio of the picture is maintained.

Top Bottom