Personal pic set as wallpaper looks stretchy

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have some pics taken from my Canon Powershot 550 which I copied to my desktop when I set this as wall paper on my Monitor I find that these photos look as if they have been stretched. Is there something I can do to correct this problem?

I have my monitor set to native resolution. I have Dell ST2220.

Any suggestions!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Convert the pic to higher resolution.

Also did you zoom in max to take it? Many camera compromise in quality when they zoom in max.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have used the pic which the resolution that will suit my monitor also I have not used Zoom option. Any other suggestions? Should I try to match the resolution of my pic and the resolution my LCD monitor supports?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ajayritik said:
Should I try to
match the resolution of my pic and the
resolution my LCD monitor supports?
Absolutely.

What is the resolution of pics? Smaller res cause that stretch feel.

gameranand

Living to Play
Your Pic must be of smaller resolution than your monitor thts the problem. Try to take the Pics at max resolution.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Maybe I should twiddle with my digital camera to check if it supports the resolution that my monitor is currently on .

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
Try to resize the image according to your monitors resolution !

Want any resizing tool search it on google or if you have any of the Digit DVD search into it !

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Try to resize the image according to your monitors resolution !

Want any resizing tool search it on google or if you have any of the Digit DVD search into it !

Can you suggest any software? I have used the inbuilt feature of Microsoft Office Picture Manager to change the resolution of my Pic to set it to the monitor resolution but it didn't work.

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
What was the problem in resizing ?
Let me know !
Another software you can use is Media Cope to resize images ?

Last edited:

Scientia Wiz

In Shameful Misery
If its not happening as you want it then do one thing take more than one photo and make a collage of it and then save it in high resolution and then set it as the wallpaper for this you will need a software which is Photoscape download it here !

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Dell ST2220 is a 21.5" monitor, which I suppose has a native resolution of 1920x1080.
Do one thing, find out the exact resolution on which your monitor is currently on, and post it here.

If XP: Right click on desktop => Select properties => Select Settings Tab.
If Win 7: Right click on desktop => Screen Resolution

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
OP has taken pics from his own camera! It can be snaps of persons! Does reverse image search works for them too? ;)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Now, post the exact resolution of the Image you tool from your camera. By right clicking the image, and selecting properties, and then observing the Summary tab.

And try following:
After you set the pic as wallpaper. Then right click on desktop, and select Properties. Now, in the window where you can change your wallpaper, check if the position to set the wallpaper is set to "Stretch", "Tile", or "Center".
Out of the above the selection should be Center.

Top Bottom