Personal Hygiene and Etiquette Thread V1: Ear Wax Edition

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
good to know that you dont use hair-gels, and yes, almond-oil is good. why i had stressed on 'usual commercially available' 'oils' was because most of them are no good, and its recommended to use only those oils on your body which you use to eat. since almond and coconut-oils are light, use them. patanjali ayurved's coco oil and aanwla-reetha shampoo (the brown pack) are very good, and you may use them (in case making this shampoo at home for you is tough).

'ashs1' has very well summarised some good points. apart from that, be very sure to cover your hair/head with a bandana/cap whenever you are out travelling on city-roads. the polluted-air is a major factor behind a dry and unhealthy scalp and hair.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Doesn't your scalp itch?? I used to do the same n it caused dandruff and itching.... Well there could be several other reasons to it but I think this causes it too
yes it does itch (occasionally)...
while typing this comment also I scratched my head :mrgreen:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
yes it does itch (occasionally)...
while typing this comment also I scratched my head :mrgreen:

Natural ways of treating Dandruff & itching:

-Make a paste of lemon juice and fuller's earth and apply this mixture to the scalp once a week.

-Keep curd in the open for three days and massage your hair with it for half an hour before washing.

-Mix cider vinegar with equal quantities of water and dab onto the scalp with cotton wool before washing.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
anybody had dandruff problems before? pls share how u got rid of it
and
I noticed 4~5 white hairs,mother is telling not to remove them as it will grow more white hairs
If you have severe dandruff issue use "Selsun" shampoo twice a week. See the direction on bottle to use it.
*www.pharmacy4u.gr/images/selsun_Shampoo.jpg

And rest of the days use H&S shampoo. Do not use OIL till dandruff issue is resolved.

Try this routine for 1 month and your dandruff would be gone.

And, when dandruff is gone its very important to keep them away.
1>Use only H&S when you are convinced that dandruff is gone. Use this for at least 6 months before switching to another shampoo
2>Don't use combs used by other
3>Don't use pillow covers used by others
4>Don't use caps used by others

Don't know anything about white hair.

amjath

Human Spambot
anybody had dandruff problems before? pls share how u got rid of it
and
I noticed 4~5 white hairs,mother is telling not to remove them as it will grow more white hairs

Winter season so dandruff is back.
Apply oil before bath.
dilute shampoo and use.
Stick to one shampoo
Gray hairs don't pluck them if u want to get rid, ask someone to cut only those hairs so that its not visible

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
if you masterbait too much you get white haris

i can understand what you are pointing to. this certainly is a nasty consumptive ill-habit and if allowed to grow by increasingly indulging in it, can lead to one or several complications. as it is, excess of anything is bad, and in like other addictions, even in this, one doesn't become quite aware soon of what else is one losing beyond the obvious.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
has anyone here prepared a moustache-wax at anytime? wanted to know about the method that you employed and experience of the outcome.

Top Bottom