Personal Hygiene and Etiquette Thread V1: Ear Wax Edition

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I do not recommend using soaps with active anti-bacterial (germ killing) agents in them. They either kill too many useful bacteria (which are greater in number) or cause resistance to emerge among the deadly bacteria. Endgame is bad for you. Stick to regular soap and use antibacterial soap only when recommended to fight infection temporarily by a doctor.

pratik385

In the zone
Guys any suggestions on Shampoos?
I live in pune, dust all over the place, my hairs are rough and thick. Also, there are few white ones too :(
please help I'm not married yet :mrgreen:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Guys any suggestions on Shampoos?
I live in pune, dust all over the place, my hairs are rough and thick. Also, there are few white ones too :(
please help I'm not married yet :mrgreen:

occasionally (once-twice a week), apply curd on your scalp and hair, massage well and gently, take a bath after about 20 mins, and then either apply a coconut hair oil (very little) or Dr. Oorjita Jain's Aloe Vera gel (this is IMHO the best hair-gel one could apply!).

P.S. - move about in the city with a cap on your head whenever possible. goes a long way in maintaining hair & scalp-health.

ashs1

Padawan
:D.
I used to use Garnier & clinic all plus earlier, but those shampoos made my hair very dry & i disliked it.
Currently, i am using Sunsilk black shampoo with its ( black ) conditioner..much more silky & soft now :)

pratik385

In the zone
@ Ghor & Ashs1
Thanks guys :)

I've to use Sunsilk black shampoo, hearin alot about it here
and i know about curd theory, its great at removing dandruff too :)

ashs1

Padawan
the curd is also good at keeping the body cool..
Also, don't frequently use shampoos no matter what brand.. regular use of shampoos could worsen your hair quality.
Wash your hair with warm water as it makes hairs softer..

If you're going out a lot, twice a week sounds enough..but i wouldn't recommend more than that to anyone.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ Ghor & Ashs1
Thanks guys :)

I've to use Sunsilk black shampoo, hearin alot about it here
and i know about curd theory, its great at removing dandruff too :)

you are welcome! :)

the curd is also good at keeping the body cool..
Also, don't frequently use shampoos no matter what brand.. regular use of shampoos could worsen your hair quality.
Wash your hair with warm water as it makes hairs softer..

If you're going out a lot, twice a week sounds enough..but i wouldn't recommend more than that to anyone.

^^one of my frnd is bald now due to continuous use of shampoos

whenever i apply it properly, i feel an aura of coolness/calmness & soothing freshness lingering on me for quite a while!!

@pratik - you read about effects of consistent use of detergent-based shampoos. one near-excellent alternative to a shampoo/hair-wash is the aanwla-reethaa-shikaakaai concoction! ask your mother about it. it takes some effort (finding ingredients and preparing it), but its worth the work! your hair would feel so soft & smooth after using it than any det-based shampoo could possibly ever give, and all the accumulated dust & soot on your scalp would give way to a feeling of coolness. also helps if you get boils on your scalp. but use this too not more than twice a week (with gap in between).

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
Man guys have to suffer with hair problems at some point of time :(

My hair are soft and thin... Any oil/solution to make them thicker??

Hrishi

Something effective for reducing or in fact eliminating acne and the scars ?? The facewash just don't work on my skin type.It's oily. ( Have been trying almost every type of F.W. there ) .
Really pissed off with this problem.

Top Bottom