Personal Hygiene and Etiquette Thread V1: Ear Wax Edition

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi Guys, :wave:

want to discuss some daily usage sort things with all TDF members :mrgreen:

which bathing soap u use & will suggest to anybody?
also
which one u prefer/use
a) deo b) perfume

if any do tell us the brand & why u use it...

Gollum

Collector
Men do not need soap. I use a rough lava rock to clean my skin
I use a tree branch or brush made of barb wire to comb my hair
pure alcohol for a perfume

Flash

Lost in speed
Now TDF is in trollfest dhamaka. :lol:
Mine is Hamam/Perfume, coz my mom buys it.. :mrgreen:

People can try Lux, coz it has
ambassadors like Kat,Aish,SRK,Karina bla bla bla.. :mrgreen:
and good for the growth of
Unilever.

ashs1

Padawan

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/61/Barbwireposter.jpg/220px-Barbwireposter.jpg ??? :p :p

I use dettol soap & wildstone deo.

P.S. : Stay away from Lifebuoy soaps..You'll be using the same bar of soap till the day you die, but the freakin soap will never dissolve.. :/ maybe thats why its named Lifebuoy ( lifetime would've been better ) :p
[ For those who understand tamil, go to 2:40 in this video ( Perazhagan - Hunchback Surya looks for a bride - YouTube ) ;) :p :D ]

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have used Lifebuoy soap..but it dissolves in water fast...
currently I use santoor

I heard that Pears is the best soap to use

ashs1

Padawan
ahh..maybe Lifebuoy took the message & made a new soap..good for them... :D :p

Pears is good...very mild soap that doesn't affect skin. :) +1 to that !

Few years back, my skin was having allergic reaction to most soaps..only pears, dettol & johnsons baby soap suited me..
Johnsons baby soap made me incredibly sleepy..I play tennis for about 2 hours in the morning. after using johnsons soap, i used to sleep like crazy during classes... @__@..thankfully, Dettol saved me from that sleepy hell. :p

heidi2521

Padawan
Men do not need soap. I use a rough lava rock to clean my skin
pure alcohol for a perfume

Actually, that explains a lot ;)

On topic: I use whatever shower gel is there in the bathroom. It usually ends up being Fiama Di Willis. I don't use any kind of perfume/deo.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
dead sea-salt soap - have never used it, but recently read that it is one of the most effective things to apply when your face is suffering from acne/acne scars/pus-filled boils, etc. it sells for a little higher cost, and availability might be an issue at some places.

another very simple and unconventional approach to bathing is not to rub your body with the commercial run-of-the-mill soaps on a daily basis, unless you are really getting the sliminess accumulated on your skin due to dirt and pollution. simple curd can be applied for about 20 mins on your face and on scalp/hair, and then washed off while bathing. it gives a really nice and smooth texture to your skin and hair and makes them 'glow'. feels pleasant after using it (though the slight smell of the curd will hang for some time, but others may not notice it. in any case, it isn't an offensive smell ;) ). one can follow this 2-3 times a week. also, if your skin isn't excessively oily, rubbing it properly with coconut oil before bathing also helps. same goes for the scalp;though one should bathe only after atleast half-an hour after doing this.

in case of conventional soaps, i like to use some available at the 'khaadi graamodyog', and mostly those that are neem-based, like 'neem', 'margo', 'hamam', etc., apart from the likes of pears, dettol, etc.

for shaving, mostly a menthol-based cream like the one from Godrej, and a combination of an old-school razer (one that uses that thin original blade) and a mach 3, the shaving-session being finished with the application of alum, old spice, and either vicco turmeric/aloe-vera gel or the cooling cream that you find at men's parlours. :)

EDIT: just noticed that i wrote more than what was asked, and missed the point of deos/perfumes. :eek:

i use a deo or a perfume extremely rarely.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
okay okay let me be serious.
real men need to be dirty, girls like em that way
aur vaise bhi, sher bhi kabhi nahate ya brush karte hain ?:cool:

I use dettol soap for a regular bath.
Dove anti oil face wash, Garnier Men Oil clear face wash sometimes
Garnier pure active face scrub to exfoliate the skin after a shave.
Gillette shave gel with mark3 turbo

Head and shoulders shampoo with Garnier hair conditioner

sensodyne toothpaste as half my teeth have fallen off and the rest don't let me sleep during the day because of the pain

and what else?

yeah, set wet cool deo, well this keeps changing, from axe to adidas to brute to park avenue, all have their place.
for a perfume my fav is Vdy and MAN[this one smells like boomer bubble gum, girls dig it, they just wanna eat me up:cool:

I don't use any hair oil or gel or cream for my hair

oh and Loreal hair color
due to a bizarre experiment gone wrong at professor snape's class, my hair, instead of growing more, did grow a lot but turned all white and wont turn black, Hermione tried many things but looks like late Dumbledore took the formula to his grave. Hence, I have to color them on regular basis.

flyingcow

Shibe
This may sound gay but,
I strongly suggest you guys use Palmolive shower gels (The coconut skin renewal and Thermal spa) with a loofah. The smells are so soothing omg, especially if you take a bath before sleeping. For soap I use dettol cool coz im cool :cool: :p or medimix.
Deo- Axe blast
Shampoo- Head and shoulders.

Gollum

Collector
This may sound gay but,
I strongly suggest you guys use Palmolive shower gels (The coconut skin renewal and Thermal spa) with a loofah. The smells are so soothing omg, especially if you take a bath before sleeping. For soap I use dettol cool coz im cool :cool: :p or medimix.
Deo- Axe blast
Shampoo- Head and shoulders.

I don't know but for some reason medimix smells like shi7
I mean just wash your hands with it, and smell them, you will really feel like you dipped your hands in a steaming pile or gooey crap :-x

flyingcow

Shibe
I don't know but for some reason medimix smells like shi7
I mean just wash your hands with it, and smell them, you will really feel like you dipped your hands in a steaming pile or gooey crap :-x

Really? never experienced it, it smells nice....I once had such problem with a pears soap...but medimix smells similar to pears.
Maybe you used an expired one

Top Bottom