Which one is better ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aadipa

Padawan
What is PeopleSoft?
PeopleSoft is a software Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) vendor. They currently produce software for the Human Resources Management System (HRMS, Financials, Material Management, Higher Education (Student Administration), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Project Management, and Supply Chain Management, to name a few major products

And now oracle has taken over PeopleSoft

amit

Right off the assembly line
PeopleSoft, SAP & Oracle !

PeopleSoft is the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) firm started in 1987 in pleasanton, california, with specialization in human resource management and financial services modules.
PeopleSoft quickly managed to offer other corporate functions and attained revenue of $32 million in 1992.
Enterprise Solutions from PeopleSoft includes modules for manufacturing, materials management, distribution, finance, human resources and supply chain planning.

SAP AG & Oracle with longer experience, stronger financial base and world wide presence are the main competitors of PeopleSoft. PeopleSoft has culture of collaboration with cutomers, which make it more flexible than its competitors.

PeopleSoft 8 requires no client software other than Web Browser, giving you ability to securely run your business anytime & anywhere.

PeopleSoft with About 10% market share , is the 3rd largest ERP vendor after SAP AG and Oracle respectively.

SAP [SYSTEME, ANWENDUNGEN AND PRODUKTE IN DATENVERARBEITUNG]
OR
SYSTEMS,APPLICATIONS AND PRODUCTS IN DATA PROCESSING WAS STARTED BY 5 IBM engineers in Germany in 1972 for producing integrated business application software for manufacturing enterprise (SAP 2001)
SAP R/3 was the breakthrough and by 1999 SAP AG became third largest software vendor in the world
and largest in the ERP sector with market share of about 36% serving over 17,000 customers in over 1000 countries.
SAP has broadest ERP funtionality , Capacity to spend significantly on R & D, strong industry focused solutions and long term vision.

Oracle founded in 1977 in USA is best known for its database software and related applications and it is second largest company after Microsoft
Oracle ERP system is known as Oracle application,
having more than 50 different modules in 6 major categories : finance, accounts payable, human resources, manufacturing, supply chain management, projects and front office.

Charley

Just Do It
@keith - So wud u suggest doing SAP, Oracle ?? R u from blore??? Where did ya do the SAP course??

achacko@dataone.in said:
@keith - So wud u suggest doing SAP, Oracle ?? R u from blore??? Where did ya do the SAP course??

I have no formal training in either, nor end user experience. However, I have been exposed to MRPII / ERP implementations using SAP while doing my Masters in Manufacturing in Aus. Anyway, becoming a SAP certified PP/MM consultant is something I might consider in the near future.

Cheers,
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom