pendrive space lost!!!!!!!!

hi
i formatted a pendrive from windows7 of 16gb while formatting i forgot to check the settings and after format it gave me FAT partition and only 68mb of free space can anybody help me out of it how can i bring the 16gb space back?

pls reply

Neuron

Electronic.
hi
i formatted a pendrive from windows7 of 16gb while formatting i forgot to check the settings and after format it gave me FAT partition and only 68mb of free space can anybody help me out of it how can i bring the 16gb space back?

pls reply

Which is the brand of your pendrive?Is this the first time you are formatting it?Some non-standard pendrives fake their capacity at first and when formatted they reveal their actual capacity.

OP
S

shrirangbhavsar

Broken In
i formatted it from xp first then it was ok but after formatting from windows 7 it is showing only 67mb FAT filesystem, and now its also not allowing me to change the filesystem now can u give me any software to recover my 16 gb

doomgiver

Warframe
there is no "software" for this.

1.go to my computer
2.right click pen drive
3.choose format
4.from dropdown menu, select ntfs as filesystem
5. leave the rest of the settings as default.
6. format

if this does not work do it 2 more times, and refresh. other than that, i can suggest :
1. format drive in someone else's computer
2. tell us what company of is the pendrive
3. format in linux

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Which is the brand of your pendrive?Is this the first time you are formatting it?Some non-standard pendrives fake their capacity at first and when formatted they reveal their actual capacity.

You haven't replied to this? Is it a cheap Chinese one?

doomgiver

Warframe
i got a drive of 8gb(printed on the box) for rs 150, but it didnt work. when i broke open the case, i saw that it didnt have the main controller chip on it. i felt like smacking my head against a wall. from then on, i always try to break open the pen drive in front of the shopkeeper, if im buying from a shady source.

yomanabhi

Journeyman
@shrirangbhavsar
Try this it might works
1. right click on my computer
2.click on "manage"
3.click on "disk management" under "storage"
4. then right click on your pendrive partition (after plugging ur pendrive)
5. Now click on "Delete logical drive"
6. now ur pendrive partition will be deleted.
7. now u will see green color free space, right click on that and choose create new partition.
8 And ur are Done!! I hope this will solve ur problem

Top Bottom