pc with no budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

satdeep

Broken In
my friend her is a serious gamer and wants to build a new gaming rig with no limitations of budget...he has kept aside about 200k:shock: for this PC....he has relatives in US so getting parts will not be a prob....kindly suggest a config that can kill all games and be future proof for at least the next4-5 years...

Natural Gamer

Right off the assembly line
ur 4nd can get this killling config.
motherboard - gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
HDD-WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLAK 2TB SATA
GRAPHICS CARD- 2 X ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 480
(IN SLI)
RAM-KINGSTON 24 GB DDR3 RAM (SELECT THE RAM WHICH HAS THE SAME TIMING AS
THAT OF THE MOTHERBOARD)
PROCESSOR-INTEL CORE i7 980X EXTREME EDITION
MONITOR-BENQ E2420HD (24")
POWER SUPPLY - COOLER MASTER REAL POWER PRO 1250 WATT
PC CASE-COOLER MASTER COSMOS S
MOUSE-LOGITECH G9 LASER
DVD DRIVE-ASUS BC-1205 PT (ITS A BLUE-RAY COMBO DRIVE)

KEYBOARD - MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER X6

THIS CONFIG CAN GET RID OF ANY GAME THAT COMES IN ITS WAY FOR NEXT 6-8 YEARS.ALL D BEST

Last edited:
OP
S

satdeep

Broken In
ur 4nd can get this killling config.
motherboard - gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
HDD-WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLAK 2TB SATA
GRAPHICS CARD- 2 X ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 480
(IN SLI)
RAM-KINGSTON 24 GB DDR3 RAM (SELECT THE RAM WHICH HAS THE SAME TIMING AS
THAT OF THE MOTHERBOARD)
PROCESSOR-INTEL CORE i7 980X EXTREME EDITION
MONITOR-BENQ E2420HD (24")
POWER SUPPLY - COOLER MASTER REAL POWER PRO 1250 WATT
PC CASE-COOLER MASTER COSMOS S
MOUSE-LOGITECH G9 LASER
DVD DRIVE-ASUS BC-1205 PT (ITS A BLUE-RAY COMBO DRIVE)

KEYBOARD - MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER X6

THIS CONFIG CAN GET RID OF ANY GAME THAT COMES IN ITS WAY FOR NEXT 6-8 YEARS.ALL D BEST

he was saying something about 4-way sli....is it possible??what about heating issues??

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
It's the EVGA X58 4x SLI, but practically a 4 way SLI rig will even cost more than 200K..
And it is an utter waste of money coz all the games he wants to run for 3-4 years wil run easily on a 2x SLI (or Crossfire-X) config....
So it is better if he goes on for a setup which has 2x ATI Radeon HD 5870 and motherboards like the ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme, Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD7, DFI Lanparty UT-X58-T3eH8....
But my personal choice will be the Rampage 2 Extreme...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
my friend her is a serious gamer and wants to build a new gaming rig with no limitations of budget...he has kept aside about 200k:shock: for this PC....he has relatives in US so getting parts will not be a prob....kindly suggest a config that can kill all games and be future proof for at least the next4-5 years...

This is not possible. Gaming technology will change. New Dx versions will come out. Better API processing would be required to harness the full potential. Ask your friend, what screen size (or multi-monitor) he desires. It all starts from the screen size (if budget is no issue). Then we can take it forward. It is too easy to suggest the E series Intel stuff, and a 3-way sli/xfire set up. Lets make this logical. Even with a moderate board, and good GPU he can scale most games. Will the user OC..? Also regarding parts from abroad, no use. Unless he wants specific case modding (sleeves, connectors) and water cooling kits. Rest to my knowledge, is easily available in India.

static_x

In the zone
This is not possible. Gaming technology will change. New Dx versions will come out. Better API processing would be required to harness the full potential. Ask your friend, what screen size (or multi-monitor) he desires. It all starts from the screen size (if budget is no issue). Then we can take it forward. It is too easy to suggest the E series Intel stuff, and a 3-way sli/xfire set up. Lets make this logical. Even with a moderate board, and good GPU he can scale most games. Will the user OC..? Also regarding parts from abroad, no use. Unless he wants specific case modding (sleeves, connectors) and water cooling kits. Rest to my knowledge, is easily available in India.

Well said...+1 :smile:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, it cannot be completely "future proof", so it's better to invest the money over time as necessary instead of an all in one go thing... also, 4 way SLI is overkill. A good rig does not have to be so... obscene.

OP
S

satdeep

Broken In

he would prefer Dell 3007WFPHC LCD...its an excellent 30 inch lcd from DELL....also can a Sony Bravia be used as a screen for this rig(he was asking)will 2-way sli or crossfire run games like crysis, COD etc. easily on max settings on this screen??i have my doubts....yes he will overclock....and yes he was talking something about nitrogen cooling....heck im so confused

@Sid_gamer
Code:
It's the EVGA X58 4x SLI, but practically a 4 way SLI rig will even cost more than 200K..
Budget is not a problem here my friend...he is getting paid pretty well...i asked him to what amount he can extend his budget??He replied not more than 500k:banghead:....i just fell down from the sofa i was sitting on....serious gaming is ok....but 500k for a rig...you were right gopi_vbboy my friend is a freak;-)

@everyone helping me out
budget is no concern just build him a damn mean machine....yes im also excited cause ill be gaming with him too:-D....he lives right next door to me:lol:...

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
But what is the need of going overboard when he can have a great rig in a lot lesser amount of money, But still if he wants a show-off rig then it's his choice...

And yes he was talking something about nitrogen cooling....heck im so confused
Liquid nitrogen (LN2) cooling is not a stable cooling solution, it is used mainly for setting world records in benchmarking (or testing)....And you cannot always run a PC by cooling it with LN2 because there is a lot of condensation which takes place around the LN2 Block, and this condensation can prove damaging to the components like the motherboard.....
Moreover it sometimes leads to processor freezing (as the temperature is well below minus 50 degrees)....

It will be better if he goes for water cooling rather than LN2 cooling, maybe he can take a Tri-Loop water cooling kit which will be more than sufficient for his rig....

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
@satdeep
may be this will help ur frnd

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/performance-pc-ssd,2568.html

just ask him to change the proccy to 980x

OP
S

satdeep

Broken In
@satdeep
may be this will help ur frnd

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/performance-pc-ssd,2568.html

just ask him to change the proccy to 980x

thnx buddy...i showed the config to him...but he wants smthing better...i dont know what else can give a better performance??

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^
What does he intend to do??
Game or run 5 servers on his machine??
The rig suggested to him is powerful enough to last for atleast 2.5/3 years without any kind of hiccup. :|
If he wants more performance just so that he can game,it will be a sheer bloody loss of money and nothing else. :|
And yeah,if he has some cash left,tell him to mail some cash to the accounts of the members here. xD :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Liquid nitrogen (LN2) cooling is not a stable cooling solution, it is used mainly for setting world records in benchmarking (or testing)....And you cannot always run a PC by cooling it with LN2 because there is a lot of condensation which takes place around the LN2 Block, and this condensation can prove damaging to the components like the motherboard.....
Moreover it sometimes leads to processor freezing (as the temperature is well below minus 50 degrees)....

yah sid right. it is used only for setting world records. and if everything goes fine, than usually the motherboard goes bad (ram & video card follows). but what if something goes wrong?

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1009/Destroyed-790FXT-UD5P.jpg

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1009/Destroyed-790FXT-UD5P-2.jpg

these are possible consequences :-D:-D:-D heres the link: AMD Phenom II 42 TWKR Black Edition Processor.

OP
S

satdeep

Broken In
^
And yeah,if he has some cash left,tell him to mail some cash to the accounts of the members here. xD :p

lol....he just wants to show off...he says he wants to build a system never built before....tell me one thing.... he is going for a sony bravia to use as a screen....can any 2-way crossfire or sli play games at max on that screen??isn't more than 2 required??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom