PC very slow after connecting a pen drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'd given a pen drive to a friend to get some songs from his pc. After getting the pen drive back and connecting it to my pc to copy the files. The light on the pen drive was flashing occasionally then. Inside the drive my friend had created various folders for different albums. Strange thing is that inside these folders there were folders of the same name as the main folder. But these folder won't open after clicking on them. Also after I clicked once the light on the drive started flashing continuously and hasn't stopped since.

After copying the songs I tried to remove the pen drive by the safe removing method in Windows XP, but Windows showed that the drive is still in use and cannot be removed. This continued to happen and the light on the drive continued to flash. So I had no option but to pull out the drive by the usual 'unsafe' method. Now every time I connect the pen drive the light keeps on flashing. Also I tried formatting the drive but again Windows says that the drive is in use.

Another bigger problem is that my pc has become very slow. I tried accessing Task Manager by pressing ctrl+alt+delete but then Windows says that "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator". Only problem is that I'm the administrator and haven't disabled anything! What to do now? My pc is totally screwed. Also it is eating lots of battery. A fully charged battery which usually lasts around 2-3 hours got burned in half an hour. Is it a virus? I don't have any anti virus in my pc. Need some help from you guys.

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I used Avast! and found two virus files on the pc and one on the pen drive so I deleted them. Then I started getting a message Windows cannot find 'SSVICHOSST.exe' upon startup. So I googled for it and found the solution on the *www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry1747.html But still the task manager isn't working properly. It opens for a fraction of a second and then closes again. This is turning out to be really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom