PC Upgrade suggestion budget 25K

Arcturus

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Home Use, Run VirtualBox for linux (development environment), Very little gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes.
First preference is Intel i5 2400 or 2500

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 25K + 5K odd for Win 7 Home Premium

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7 Home Premium

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: Not needed, have a 500GB SATA

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Already have 22" Viewsonic, 1680x1050

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Yes

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: July

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Will retain the following,
- Monitor
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Hard Drives
- Speakers
- DVD Writer

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Preference is Intel Sandy bridge i5 2400 or i5 2500 based system with on board graphics.
- Need atl east 8GB RAM (for running VMware).
- Things to be included in 25K - CPU, Mobo, PSU, RAM, cabinet

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2400|9500
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL-B3|5500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL|2200
Graphic Card |MSI HD6770|7100
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2000
Case |CM Elite 310|1500

You want UPS too.?

P.S- this exceeds you're budget slightly but this is a very good futureproof PC and will do great for next 3-4 years atleast

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@OP, the above said config is gr8... If u r strict on budget, change the mobo to Intel DH61WW - 3.3K

OP
A

Arcturus

Right off the assembly line
@thetechfreak Thanks for the suggestions. I do not need a UPS right now.

I currently have an IDE DVD RW, would it be sufficient to just buy a IDE to SATA adapter or better to replace that ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
DH61WW is a very basic entry level board and lacks SATA III and USB3.0 support. Also having 2 Ram slots and will severely hamper upgrade options in future. Better to go with Intel H67 mobo as suggested by thetechfreak. And none of the H67 based mobo has IDE connector. So you have to buy a SDE to SATA converter to use your existing IDE DVD R/W

shayem

In the zone
DH61WW is a very basic entry level board and lacks SATA III and USB3.0 support. Also having 2 Ram slots and will severely hamper upgrade options in future. Better to go with Intel H67 mobo as suggested by thetechfreak. And none of the H67 based mobo has IDE connector. So you have to buy a SDE to SATA converter to use your existing IDE DVD R/W

Asus H67 based mobos have 1 IDE port.

Top Bottom