PC upgrade ~22k

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming,photoshop,VM.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 22k (have most of the components). Budget has already been stretched from 20k. Cannot extend anymore.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Maybe. But not a priority

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: 7/8.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: No need. Already have one.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Nope. Have monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have pretty much everything(check signature). Just need to upgrade CPU+Mobo and add a stick of RAM.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. Open to flipkart if offers are really good.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have around 22k in hand.
I need CPU+GPU+RAM (primary needs).
Also, it will be helpful to know how much I will get by selling my current CPU+Mobo. I can invest that cash in a cooler or a 2nd hard disk.

I was wondering whether I should invest in the fx 8320 or the fx 6300. Not sure how long the am3+ socket is going to be around and I might need to upgrade again soon. So which one should I get?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get fx 8350 - 12.5k
gigabyte 970a ds3p - 5.8k
Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3- 3k
you might be able to get approximately 3.5k for the cpu+mobo. spend it to get a 1 tb hdd. you can get cooler later.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
And I have a few questions.

1.) Is it okay to run an 8 core processor on a 970 chipset? Or do I need to invest in the 990fx boards?

2.) Is it worth getting the 8350 over the 8320 considering the increase in power consumption?

3.) Is the FX 6300 even an option? I am asking this because I will mostly be gaming. And it has a lot lower power consumption than the 8 series. My PC does run 16~18 hours in a day. With the fx 6300, I can afford the fx 6300+970 mobo+4gb ram+cooler+1 tb hdd = 22k.

Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to make a value for money purchase.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
1)if you are not going for heavy overclocks, 970 based chipsets are enough. see if you can get gigabyte 970a ud3 for around 6k. it is a much better board and good for overclocking.

2)you wont save much electricity from fx 8320 from fx 8350.

3)fx 8350 is what i recommend if you wanna run multiple VMs and heavy photoshopping.

it is your decision though.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Thanks for answering. Well I am an amd fan,however the fx 8 series insane power consumption is making me think so much. Well 70% of the tasks are gaming related. But yes I do run VM's(mainly linux distros) and photoshop.
Oh and the reason I am more inclined to the fx 8320 over the fx 8350 is that the 8320 is just an underclocked 8350 and is cheaper by 2k.
I can overclock it to the 8350 levels if required at some point in the future.

Just can't seem to decide between the fx 6300 or the fx 8320.
If someone can provide a real world example of how much the 8 series affects the electricity bills,that would be real helpful.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ask [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION]. He has fx 8350.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION]. He has fx 8350.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Hmm will PM him then. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess cilus is busy.
I am wondering whether an i5 4440/4590 build will be possible in this budget or not. Any help with this?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
if your pc is not at 100% load at all times, stick to amd now.
for intel you can consider,
i5 4570- 13k
gigabyte b85m d3h - 5.5k

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get Intel Haswell based CPU if you are not planning to overclock. Power consumption of FX-8350 is pretty high during load when compared to Haswell. Since gaming is the main concern, Core i5 will do just fine. I have chosen it because of the heavily threaded apps I use.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Intel probably would have been the safer and wiser choice, but being an amd fan and wanting to overclock I went for the fx 8320 and the asus m5a99x evo r2.0 for 19k.

Thankseveryone. :)

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I did in the show off thread. BTW I can't get the stock mounting bracket of the stock heatsink off. :| I need to take it out to install hyper 212x. But its so tightly screwed. THe screws are getting smudged but not unscrewing

Top Bottom