pc switch off automatically

jassgrewal

Broken In
while im surfing the web or gaming ,my pc work for 30-45min then slowly it become unresponsive and after that it turn off not even shutdown

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Most probably due to over heating. Though post your configuration for better help. Clean the cabinet in the meantime.

sukesh1090

Adam young
the temperatures are high.so clean the fan and if the pc is bit old then check the thermal compound between heat sink and processor.
but is that 90-95C could be the reason for it becoming unresponsive because if heat was the problem it should crash and give blue screen error and also i ran my pentium dual core at more than 100C for long duration but it never got shutdown.
so the problem must be something else.

OP
J

jassgrewal

Broken In
i had cleaned my pc and the core fan and wat is d thermal compound between heat sink and processor.i hav not found it

sukesh1090

Adam young
what is the temperature now? is there any reduction.
thermal compound means a paste like substance applied between heat sink and processor to increase the heat conductivity.if it gets dried then the conduction won't work correctly resulting in temperature rise.once if you detach your processor from heat sink then you need to wipe the old thermal compound and apply new one.so before going for it just post your temperature first.

OP
J

jassgrewal

Broken In
after cleaning the temp i noiced at 2pm was
min 65c 66c
max 73c 70c
but when i put load on pc it increases to d old temp

sukesh1090

Adam young
so i think you need to change the heat compound.before that take a look at this tutorial
[Guide] Installing a Heatsink and applying Thermal Paste. - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net and if possible also search for some in youtube,you will get lots of them and watch them carefully.and one main thing is buy thermal paste from a computer shop which may cost you from 200-500/- based on the company you will get and just follow that tutorial to apply it.
if you have any doubt then get it cleared first.if you have time also take a look at overheating thread.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
I am also fighting with this problem. The reason will CPU overheating, faulty ram, Old Power supply.

Clean your whole motherboard including fans. Clean and Re-position Ram, Install Speed fan software to speed up your fans.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Its a problem of overheating or Ram problem.Just clean the RAM slot and Ram also with soft cloth then see if the problem persist or not.Me also faced the same problem.If you have 2 ram sticks, then remove the one ram and check alternatively.

OP
J

jassgrewal

Broken In
case solved thks guys for ur support
it was the problem with the processer fan and thermal in between .the fan was not establish totally in its place and i inject a white fluid and a darksilver paste on the processer and its temp went down ,now the temp min 45 max 48

sukesh1090

Adam young
case solved thks guys for ur support
it was the problem with the processer fan and thermal in between .the fan was not establish totally in its place and i inject a white fluid and a darksilver paste on the processer and its temp went down ,now the temp min 45 max 48

it is called thermal paste and congrats.

Top Bottom