PC starts directly when I switch on the ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Padawan
Hi friends..My pc starts when I switch on the ups...In BIOS the power setting is "After power failure stay off"
Help please...

Thanks...

Last edited:

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
You may check the on/off switch of the CPU. Some times it connection becames direct and when you switch-on the UPS it supplies power directly to the MOBO and the systems starts. It may be not in your case, but check.
Once the same problem held with one of my friends system.

Also you may check you PSU(SMPS).

OP
New

New

Padawan
@skghosh44
Where is that on/off switch..
@mkmkmk
I hope my MB is fine*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/63.gif

adi007

Youngling
AFAIK this will happen if u just turn off UPS when booting..just try to shutdown once cleanly and try..
There is also possibility that there is some problem over ram,
Sometimes if u change some BIOS settings this might happen..there is a BIOS setting so as to make the computer start automatically when u on the UPS

OP
New

New

Padawan
I have checked the BIOS and settings are fine..What happens is when I switched on the UPS cpu starts directly(actually it should start when you press power button on cabby:D )

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
it happens with some local brand PSUs. My old system with Inte 400w was like dat nd it was fine with 400w Zebronics. Surelly its the PSU.

anand1

In the zone
It's iball PSU:( Is there any problem if I keep it in this state only?

Yes it will have the problem if you keep it in this state as ur HDD may get Bad Sectors.
Because the HDD head is having the Landing Zone and if not lands up in landing zone then for long run it wil generate Bad Sectors.

Moreover the problem may be due to faulty PSU or Faulty Mobo.

For faulty PSU checkup go for replacing with the new one or take ur's friend PSU for checkup.

If it is not solved then go for default settings of udr BIOS.

If again it does not work then it seems ur North Bridge chip on ur Motherboard might be faulty. Have a nice checkup of ur Mobo with good technician.

OP
New

New

Padawan
Sorry for overlate replay...Before removing the PSU I had reinstalled all the power cables once and it worked fine for two to three times.I thought the power cable was the culprit.But bad luck, problem is back once again*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/102.gif
Thanks...I will take it to repairer...

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Yes it will have the problem if you keep it in this state as ur HDD may get Bad Sectors.
Because the HDD head is having the Landing Zone and if not lands up in landing zone then for long run it wil generate Bad Sectors.

Wrong! :p

He says he shutdowns the box properly. So HDD head is in its landing place.

He faces the problem only during boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom