PC Shut-Down of it's own...Green Light Blinks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi Everybody!

I got an strange problem in my machine.My PC gets shuts-down of it's own.And d green indicator on d front of CPU below floppy drive starts blinks! Sometimes it did not gets off but mostly it shut-down after 5-10 minutes :x I run 'AVG AntiVirus' n 'Ad-Aware SE Personal' programe but found nothing :roll: Plz tell me why is it so n how 2 fix this problem.
I have AMD 2000+,ASUS mobo,20 GB HDD,256 RAM,Win XP Pro SP2. PLZ HELP...THX IN ADVANCE

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
does ur system heat up too much ?
No...Heating is not d issue...Both d fans r working fine n as i tell u that mostly after 5-10 mins. it gets shuts-off so how my PC gets heated in 10 mins? Their may b any other problem!
wat is the green for (mostly powerbut it doesnt blink)
power or HDD ?
It's of Power indicator...It's blinks whn my PC gets shuts-off!
This page might help you.
Hey swatkat! i followed d link provided by u...Let's see wht going 2 happen now!!!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
power button blinks ?
check ur SMPS and Batery and check if the power supply is good and not interruping kind...

Tech&ME

Banned
ok after you start windows XP and see the Desktop ready. Go to START --> RUN and then type shutdown -a

This will not allow windows to shutdown after 10 min.

Also when you are done with your work. Again go to START-->RUN--> and type shutdown -s

This is a temporary solution to this problem. Actually what has happened is someone has scheduled a task to shutdown the system after 10 min. So you need to go to the Schedule task folder by going to START --> Assesories --> System Tools ---> Schedule Task and see if you can find any entry there for the shutdown event, if you find it delete it.

If in case the above does not solve your problem. Then it is your cabinet switch (POWER) and (RESET) are faulty. Replace them. If you have an extra old cabinet then just remove the POWER header connecting wire of your present cabinet from the mobo. And insert the wire from the old cabinet and see if it works. If it works. Then you need to either purchase new POWER and RESET button or replace the cabinet itself.

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
It might be some CMOS batteryfail,Memory FAil or Heat Up Issue!
@ mediator
Before ur reply my CMOS battery works fine...On ur suggestion I put out d battery n then replace on mobo...But now at boot screen it shows that ur CMOS Battery FAILS :evil: I don't know why???
power button blinks ?
check ur SMPS and Batery and check if the power supply is good and not interruping kind...
@ QwertyManiac
Here power supply is fine n my UPS works good :p

@ Tech&ME
THX 4 ur reply.I wana tell u that I have disabled all schedule tasks...My cabinet n power buttons seem 2 b fine...I think it's an odd problem :?
Today i place d CPU in laid position not standing but in laying position such a way that d mobo facing towards roof...n i worked upto 2 hrs. n no shut-downs n no any other problem!!! I surprised to see this :eek: Anyone tell me why is it so...Plz tell me d permanent method to fix this problem...THX FOR UR PATIENCE

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Please check the power options in control panel for the standby time settings.

Usually the power light of the pc blink when it is standby.

Pls check the standby time settings and report here.

Regards...

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
As i already tell u that PC gets shut-down at booting before 'WELCOME' appeared...All my settings r done to late durations...I even scan n defragment HDD today :)

Tech&ME

Banned
reddick said:
@ Tech&ME
THX 4 ur reply.I wana tell u that I have disabled all schedule tasks...My cabinet n power buttons seem 2 b fine...I think it's an odd problem :?
Today i place d CPU in laid position not standing but in laying position such a way that d mobo facing towards roof...n i worked upto 2 hrs. n no shut-downs n no any other problem!!! I surprised to see this :eek: Anyone tell me why is it so...Plz tell me d permanent method to fix this problem...THX FOR UR PATIENCE

Ok so this is a hardware problem. Something in the mobo is lying looose. Do the following :
Step 1 :Check your RAM, remove it clean it and then re-seat it. Also lock it properly.

Step 2: Remove the processor heatsink, clean it, and then put it back properly and remember do not forget to connect the heatsink fan to the fan connector header on your mobo.

Step 3: Remove the hdd, and then clean it with soft cloth, put back the molex cable properly.

Step 4: Do the same as in Step 3 for your other optical devices.

NOTE: If you feel, you can remove the mobo also from the cabinet and re-install it again after cleaning it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do the above steps only if you know what you are going to do. If you are not a professional or have no idea at all about assembleing parts then better call a professional to do it for you. If something goes wrong because you did not followed the instructions above or you made a mistake all by yourself, I shall not be held responsible if you fry your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom