PC rig under 60K sans HDD,Speakers,UPS

cavalryguard

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:WoW(Cata and later MoP), Skyrim, Diablo 3, dragon age series, AC series.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:60k (not beyond 61K...though I am spending my own money, I don't want to invoke the ire of my parents)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:if needed

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:None

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Need one 22"-24" - 1080p will be my fixed resolution, does DVI give better graphics than VGA?
I am considering Benq 21.5" - can get it for 7.4K

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:-HDD, UPS, Speakers & Optical Drive.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:No - Should I give it a try?

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Hyderabad, willing to buy locally and online too.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Processor -i5 2500K is my choice - 12K - 12.5K(Don't know the lowest price locally).
MoBo - Z68 or Z77? Will Z77 be future proof (2-3 yrs or is it hoping for a lot?)
I don't need a MoBo with a lot of features - but I might use a wireless desktop card for internet along with the GPU
GPU - Really need help in choosing this one - 7850 Sapphire w/o OC or 7850 Gigabyte OC or 7870 (a guy said he can get me 7870 for 19K)
Open to Nvidia choices too but I don't want a power hungry beast
Is it better to buy a factory OCed GPU and then OC again if needed?
Is the cooling on Sapphire 7870 sufficient to OC a lot if needed?
If not, I could buy a GPU cooler if available, sometime later (and outside this budget)
7850 Sapphire @ 13.8K (same guy as above)
7850 OC Gigabyte @ 15.2K (guess where? :p)
Regardless of my budget limit, I don't want to spend more than 19K for a GPU.
RAM - 2 * 4GB gskill or corsair vengeance (not particular) - 3.2K
Cabinet - CM 430 @ 2.9K in mind
PSU - is over 500W necessary?
Noob Question - Does PSU take 500W even if the machine is idling? If not then what about GPU or CPU? Power in Hyd is very costly - getting bills over 5.6K per month in summer :(

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here are my suggestions for you:-
Intel Based
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 12.7K
Thermalright CPU Cooler Ultra 120 Extreme Rev. C @ 3K (primeabgb.com)
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 @ 10K
G-skill RipjawX 4GB X 2 1600 MHz @ 3.1K
Corsair Carbide 400R @ 4.8K
HD 7870 2 GB GDDR5 @ 19K(as per your channel)
Seasonic SSII12 520W 80+ Bronze @ 3.8K
Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse @ 1.4K
Logiteck K200 Keyboard @ 0.42K
BenQ G2220HDl 21.5" Full HD LED @ 7.5K
(It has DVI input which provides better quality than VGA)

Total ~ 62K.
I think you can some of the components in cheaper price from the chanel you have mentioned and the total cost will be around 61K. There are no Nvidia alternatives available in India at budget within 25K which can provide you the same performance or lower power consumption of HD 7870.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ cavalryguard

Mate there are nvidia alternatives like cilus said but none are worth buying at your budget as they are old gen now. Only top end keplers ( worth buying) are available which are out of your budget and they are no power hungry monsters but only monsters. :razz:

So 7870 is currently a perfect choice as you get gtx 580 like performance with a much smaller footprint of power.

OP
C

cavalryguard

Broken In
Here are my suggestions for you:-
Intel Based
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 12.7K
Thermalright CPU Cooler Ultra 120 Extreme Rev. C @ 3K (primeabgb.com)
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 @ 10K
G-skill RipjawX 4GB X 2 1600 MHz @ 3.1K
Corsair Carbide 400R @ 4.8K
HD 7870 2 GB GDDR5 @ 19K(as per your channel)
Seasonic SSII12 520W 80+ Bronze @ 3.8K
Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse @ 1.4K
Logiteck K200 Keyboard @ 0.42K
BenQ G2220HDl 21.5" Full HD LED @ 7.5K
(It has DVI input which provides better quality than VGA)

Total ~ 62K.
I think you can some of the components in cheaper price from the chanel you have mentioned and the total cost will be around 61K. There are Nvidia alternatives available in India at budget within 25K.

Thanks for the reply.
Could you tell me where I could buy the MoBo you mentioned?
RAM I searched for 4GB 1600MHz is above 1600 each...also in the local market it is very high....could you tell me where I can get a pair for 3100?

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ For Ram, check Primeabgb.com. For the Asrock motherboard, I am not sure about the shop; probably the shops are some Bangalore based shops. If not available, you can get the Gigabyte or Asus motherboards available within your range.

OP
C

cavalryguard

Broken In
^^ For Ram, check Primeabgb.com. For the Asrock motherboard, I am not sure about the shop; probably the shops are some Bangalore based shops. If not available, you can get the Gigabyte or Asus motherboards available within your range.

Thanks again for the reply but if my post is not there then I won't cross my 10 post limit :cry:

BTW just found g skill 1600 @ 1526 on Flipkart. It is cheaper than the 1333 MHz one :lol:

Could you also answer my question related to power consumption and overclocking 7870 sapphire version?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Noob Question - Does PSU take 500W even if the machine is idling? If not then what about GPU or CPU? Power in Hyd is very costly - getting bills over 5.6K per month in summer :(
Nope.

If machine is idling at 120 watts, that's all what is getting consumed. If machine is consuming 300 watts at load, that's all what is getting consumed.

OP
C

cavalryguard

Broken In
Should I buy Benq 22" LED @ 7.5K or LG E2360V 23" LED @9K.
Is there any good 24" LED around 10K?

Also, what are the criteria when choosing a cabinet other than looks?
Why not buy some cheap desi brand?

OP
C

cavalryguard

Broken In
ViewSonic 24" LED @ 10.5K in CTC. My current monitor is a 17" ViewSonic which I have been using for 5yrs without any problem. But I heard some say not to go with ViewSonic.

Rest are confirmed -
i5 2500K - 11.8K
Sapphire 7870 - 19K
ASRock Extreme 4 - 9K
GSkill Ripjaws 2*4GB 1600MHz - 3100
Corsair Carbide 400R - 3.9K

Top Bottom