PC restarts while gaming!! HELP!!

SunE

Professional Newbie
Ok so I build this new computer(specs in my signature) last week. It ran fine for the first 3-4 days but since the last 3-4 days it simply restarts right in the middle of gaming.

It first happened when playing BF3 so I thought the problem was with that game. I googled and found that many people had a similar problem and there were a couple of fixes given which I tried and it worked, the game was working fine.

Then suddenly the next day the same problem happened while playing GTA IV and MW3 too. So I thought maybe some problem is there with the hardware itself. So I downloaded apps like Unigine Heaven, Prime95, LinX and MemTest.

Heaven runs fine with everything maxed and GPU reaches max temps of 60-61. But the others give me very erratic results. Sometimes Prime95 and LinX work fine for 30-40min after which I stop the tests as the system seems stable. But MemTest on the other hand gives very negative results. It always gets stuck at 3-4% and never proceeds beyond that.

So I thought maybe something is wrong with the RAM. Thus I tried fixing it by changing the RAM timings from the BIOS. They were at 11-11-11-28-1T and I put it at 9-9-9-24-2T. Now the interesting part is that the timings did not change after I Saved & Exit. But now the system was running fine with LinX running 10 times with the highest RAM usage setting available which used almost all of my RAM and the CPU was also at 100% load. Just for personal satisfaction I even ran Heaven along with this and everything was running absolutely fine. This was today afternoon.

But while playing BF3 sometime back the problem again started and now nothing that I did before is working. So what to do now guys? What do you think is faulty? RAM,CPU,PSU or something else? Please reply fast :) Thanks :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
now if you say you have already checked GPU then there might be two possible problems..

either Ram or PSU..

you have not mentioned which PSU you are using?

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
LOL my bad. I thought I had put my PSU in my sig but apparently I haven't :p
I'm using Seasonic S12ii-520 PSU.

doomgiver

Warframe
check wires. check temps. gpu temps look on the higher side for me. anyone else comfirm?

and your power input/socket. are you using a stablizer/ups??
do you suffer from power fluctuations???

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
No power fluctuations. I'm using Belkin Spike Guard without any UPS. GPU max temps are 60-61 and CPU max temps range from 61-66.

clmlbx

Technomancer
GPU at 60-61 in this summer looks pretty good to me. Now PSU is not an issue then I believe it is ram issue..

Try checking ram by using 1 stick at a time.. and then play games.... Even check ram slots..

easy way to check is Mem test

OP
S

SunE

Professional Newbie
Hey thanks for the help guyz. I checked 1 RAM at a time and found that 1 stick is defective :( Oh and I also enabled XMP and now it's working at 9-9-9-24 but at 1T(set at auto). Is 1T good or should I set it at 2T manually? I've also asked for a replacement from flipkart. Let's see what response they give. Any other suggestions? :)

Top Bottom